- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical School (2008-2011), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004-2008)
Christiana Renner, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Christiana Sahl Renner, M.D., M.S., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Hospital Medicine Division.
Dr. Renner holds a bachelor's degrees in English literature and in chemistry from Texas A&M University in College Station. She then taught ninth grade English at an inner city school in Houston before relocating to New York City to obtain a master's degree in publishing at New York University. While working at Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, she decided to pursue a latent interest in medicine, and returned to Texas to attend medical school at UT Southwestern, where she also received internal medicine residency training and developed a passion for working with Parkland Hospital's underserved patient population.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, she joined the faculty in 2011.
Dr. Renner remains passionate about understanding the role that bias plays in medicine, including race, language, gender, substance use, and social situation, not only from the physician perspective, but also from the patient perspective. She also is passionate about education at both the undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate level, including teaching faculty in medicine how to improve their teaching skills.
She currently serves as the Associate Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency, as well as the inaugural Office of Medical Education/Southwest Academy of Teachers Fellowship for Innovation in Curriculum and Teaching, where her work is developing fast-paced modules to promote faculty development as educators. She is also involved with the Associate Program Directors of Internal Medicine.
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2016), Member
- Clerkship Directors of Internal Medicine (2016), Member
- American College of Physicians (2011), Member
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Top 50 Early Career Abstract 2018, American College of Physicians
- Fellowship for Innovation in Curriculum and Teaching 2017, UT Southwestern, Office of Medical Education/Southwestern Academy of Teachers
- Best Innovations Poster Finalist 2018, Society of Hospital Medicine
- Assessing & Addressing Bias, including how it affects the Physician-Patient Relationship and subsequent Compliance and Health
- Developing Physician Faculty Members to Become Educators