- Fellowship - University of Pennsylvania/The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2005-2006), Pediatric Nephrology
- Graduate School - Harvard Medical School (2008-2010)
- Fellowship - Children's Hospital Boston (2006-2009), Pediatric Nephrology
- Residency - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2001-2004), Pediatrics
- Medical School - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1996-2001)
Elizabeth Brown, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Nephrology
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2001)
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology (2005)
- American Society of Nephrology (2005)
- International Pediatric Nephrology Association (2010)
Mice with mutant Inf2 show impaired podocyte and slit diaphragm integrity in response to protamine-induced kidney injury.
Subramanian B, Sun H, Yan P, Charoonratana VT, Higgs HN, Wang F, Lai KV, Valenzuela DM, Brown EJ, Schlöndorff JS, Pollak MR Kidney international 2016 Jun
Genetic testing for nephrotic syndrome and FSGS in the era of next-generation sequencing.
Brown EJ, Pollak MR, Barua M Kidney international 2014 Mar
Tubuloreticular Inclusions in the Absence of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and HIV Infection: A Report of Three Pediatric Cases.
Elmaghrabi A, Brown E, Khin E, Hassler J, Hendricks AR Case reports in nephrology and dialysis 2017 May-Aug 7 2 91-101
Mutations in the INF2 gene account for a significant proportion of familial but not sporadic focal and segmental glomerulosclerosis.
Barua M, Brown EJ, Charoonratana VT, Genovese G, Sun H, Pollak MR Kidney international 2013 Feb 83 2 316-22
Rho activation of mDia formins is modulated by an interaction with inverted formin 2 (INF2).
Sun H, Schlondorff JS, Brown EJ, Higgs HN, Pollak MR Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2011 Feb 108 7 2933-8
Mutations in the formin gene INF2 cause focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.
Brown EJ, Schlöndorff JS, Becker DJ, Tsukaguchi H, Tonna SJ, Uscinski AL, Higgs HN, Henderson JM, Pollak MR Nature genetics 2010 Jan 42 1 72-6
The hormone resistin links obesity to diabetes.
Steppan CM, Bailey ST, Bhat S, Brown EJ, Banerjee RR, Wright CM, Patel HR, Ahima RS, Lazar MA Nature 2001 Jan 409 6818 307-12
A family of tissue-specific resistin-like molecules.
Steppan CM, Brown EJ, Wright CM, Bhat S, Banerjee RR, Dai CY, Enders GH, Silberg DG, Wen X, Wu GD, Lazar MA Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2001 Jan 98 2 502-6
- Mice with mutant Inf2 show impaired podocyte and slit diaphragm integrity in response to protamine-induced kidney injury.
- Chronic Kidney Disease