- Other Post Graduate Training - Medical University of South Carolina
- Medical School - Medical University of South Carolina (2004-2009)
- Residency - Medical College of Georgia (2009-2012), Pediatrics
- Graduate School - Medical University of South Carolina
- Fellowship - University of Florida College of Medicine (2012-2015), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
Dr. Ortigoza attended the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC, where he earned his Doctor of Medicine and Master of Science in Clinical Research degrees. He completed his general training in pediatrics at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, GA, and subspecialty training in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at the University of Florida in Gainesville. During fellowship, he worked with Josef Neu, M.D. on a research project using non-invasive technologies to obtain physiologic measurements of the gastrointestinal system in premature babies. Upon completion of subspecialty training, he joined the faculty at UT Southwestern Medical Center to continue his work using non-invasive methods to study postnatal gastrointestinal development and feeding intolerance in premature newborns.
- American Medical Association (2004)
- Gold Humanism Honor Society (2007)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2009)
- Gold Humanism Honor Society 2007, Medical University of South Carolina Chapter
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology Travel Award 2007, Association for Research in Otolaryngology Mid-Winter Meeting, Denver, CO
- Academy of Research Excellence 2014, University of Florida, Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- William P. Kanto, Jr. Pediatric Resident Research Award, 2nd Place 2012, Medical College of Georgia
Necrotizing Enterocolitis in Polin RA, Yoder MC, eds. Workbook in Practical Neonatology. 5th ed.
Ortigoza EB, Neu J. (2014), Saunders; 353-364.
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis in Polin RA, Yoder MC, eds. Workbook in Practical Neonatology. 5th ed.
Regulation of the murine Ddelta2 promoter by upstream stimulatory factor 1, Runx1, and c-Myb.
Carabana J, Ortigoza E, Krangel MS Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950) 2005 Apr 174 7 4144-52
Left hemispheric lateralization of brain activity during passive rhythm perception in musicians.
Limb CJ, Kemeny S, Ortigoza EB, Rouhani S, Braun AR The anatomical record. Part A, Discoveries in molecular, cellular, and evolutionary biology 2006 Apr 288 4 382-9
Electrogastrography, Near-infrared Spectroscopy and Acoustics to Measure Gastrointestinal Development in Preterm Babies.
Ortigoza EB, Cagle J, Chien JH, Oh S, Brown LS, Neu J Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition 2017 Dec
- Regulation of the murine Ddelta2 promoter by upstream stimulatory factor 1, Runx1, and c-Myb.
- Neonatal Nutrition
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC)
- Feeding Intolerance
- Non-Invasive Monitoring of Gastrointestinal Development