- Fellowship - The Johns Hopkins Hospital (1977-1980), Gastroenterology
- Residency - The Johns Hopkins Hospital (1974-1977), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Medical University of South Carolina (1970-1973)
Franklin Herlong, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Digestive and Liver Diseases
Dr. Herlong earned his medical degree at the Medical University of South Carolina. He completed both his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in gastroenterology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in gastroenterology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018.
Dr. Herlong is a member of the American Liver Foundation and the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. He has published numerous academic articles related to his areas of expertise.
He has been listed in Best Doctors in America since 2009.
- American Liver Foundation
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Miller Coulson Society for Clinical Excellence 2010-2021, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Best Doctors in America 2009-2021
- Top Doctors in Baltimore 2002, Baltimore Magazine
- Department of Medicine Chairman's Award for Teaching Excellence 2001, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Professors' Clinical Teaching Award 1990, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Department of Medicine Housestaff Teaching Award 1990, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- George J. Stuart Teaching Award Medical Student Teaching 1985-1989, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Meade-Johnson National Student Research Competition 1974, Medical University of South Carolina
- Alpha Omega Alpha 1974, Medical University of South Carolina