- Other Post Graduate Training - University of North Carolina (2009-2012)
- Medical School - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine (2007-2014)
- Residency - Boston University Medical Center (2014-2016), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - Johns Hopkins University (2016-2020), Medical Oncology
Isaac Chan, M.D., Ph.D.
- Internal Medicine - Hematology/Oncology
- Breast Cancer
New Patient Appointment Accepting Virtual Visits or 214-645-8300
Isaac Chan, M.D. Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in immunotherapy, breast cancer, and metastatic cancer.
Dr. Chan earned both his doctoral degree in genetics and molecular signaling and his medical degree at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Boston University and received advanced training through a medical oncology fellowship at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Chan’s research involves understanding how to treat and prevent metastatic disease by studying the processes by which cancer cells spread. He has delivered numerous invited talks and published countless academic articles on this subject.
Additionally, he has written several op-ed pieces about patient-centered care, including for The Washington Post, and has also worked closely with patient advocates in breast cancer and the organization Guiding Researchers and Advocates to Scientific Partnerships (GRASP). Dr. Chan is a member of the American Association for Cancer Research and the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer.
In 2019, he earned the Conquer Cancer Young Investigator Award in Breast Cancer from the American Society of Clinical Oncology Foundation.
Education & Training
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer
Honors & Awards
- Abstract Travel Award 2020, Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer
- AACR Associate Member Award 2019, San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Conquer Cancer Young Investigator Award in Breast Cancer 2019, ASCO Foundation
- MacMillan Scholar Award 2019, Johns Hopkins University
- PSTP Microgrant Awar 2019, Johns Hopkins University
- 125th Anniversary Living the Hopkins Mission Honoree 2018, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Medical Oncology NIH T32 Training Program Awardee 2017-2019, Johns Hopkins University
- Physician-Scientist Training Program Scholar 2017-2020, Johns Hopkins University
- James Moses and Stella Frosst Alexander Scholar 2013-2014, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Presidential Poster of Distinction 2011, AASLD The Liver Meeting
- NIH T32 Cancer Cell Biology Training Program Awardee 2010, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- University Cancer Research Fund Scholar 2009-2013, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Eugene S. Mayer Community Service Honor Society Inductee 2009, University of North Carolina School of Medicine
Books & Publications
Hedgehog signalling regulates liver sinusoidal endothelial cell capillarisation.
Xie G, Choi SS, Syn WK, Michelotti GA, Swiderska M, Karaca G, Chan IS, Chen Y, Diehl AM, Gut 2013 Feb 62 2 299-309
Schistosome-induced cholangiocyte proliferation and osteopontin secretion correlate with fibrosis and portal hypertension in human and murine schistosomiasis mansoni.
Pereira TA, Syn WK, Machado MV, Vidigal PV, Resende V, Voieta I, Xie G, Otoni A, Souza MM, Santos ET, Chan IS, Trindade GV, Choi SS, Witek RP, Pereira FE, Secor WE, Andrade ZA, Lambertucci JR, Diehl AM, Clinical science (London, England : 1979) 2015 Nov 129 10 875-83
Impact of the Current US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations for Cervical Cancer Screening in Young Women 21 to 29 Years Old.
Morris CP, Chowsilpa S, Mustafa S, Chan I, Miller D, Maleki Z, Rodriguez EF, American journal of clinical pathology 2020 05 153 6 734-742
Cancer cells educate natural killer cells to a metastasis-promoting cell state.
Chan IS, Knútsdóttir H, Ramakrishnan G, Padmanaban V, Warrier M, Ramirez JC, Dunworth M, Zhang H, Jaffee EM, Bader JS, Ewald AJ, The Journal of cell biology 2020 Sep 219 9
Hedgehog controls hepatic stellate cell fate by regulating metabolism.
Chen Y, Choi SS, Michelotti GA, Chan IS, Swiderska-Syn M, Karaca GF, Xie G, Moylan CA, Garibaldi F, Premont R, Suliman HB, Piantadosi CA, Diehl AM, Gastroenterology 2012 Nov 143 5 1319-1329.e11
Delayed Diagnosis of Disseminated Cryptococcosis with Associated Meningoencephalitis in an Immunocompetent Septuagenarian Host.
Chan IS, Chudasama R, Burrows AB, The American journal of medicine 2017 Jan 130 1 e31-e32
An Acquired Factor X Inhibitor: The Importance of Understanding Coagulation.
Chan IS, Ogunsile FJ, The American journal of medicine 2017 Jul 130 7 e307-e308
- Hedgehog signalling regulates liver sinusoidal endothelial cell capillarisation.
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer Metastasis
- Tumor Immunotherapy
- Tumor Immunology
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Cancer
Results: 1 Locations
Breast Cancer Clinicat Cancer Care Outpatient Building 6202 Harry Hines Blvd., 4th Floor
Dallas, Texas 75235 (214) 645-4673 Directions to Breast Cancer Clinic Parking Info for Breast Cancer Clinic