- Medical School - University of Jordan Faculty of Medicine (1987-1995)
- Internship - Al-Basheer Hospital - Ministry of Health (1995-1996), Rotating
- Residency - Tufts Medical Center (1998-2000), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - Children's Hospital Boston (2001-2004), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Fellowship - Tufts Medical Center (2001-2001), Pediatric Gastroenterology
Schedule an Appointment Now
Existing patients may also schedule an appointment using MyChart.
12500 Dallas Parkway, 2nd Floor, Frisco, Texas 75033
Additional Office Locations
Dr. Semrin’s additional office locations do not accept online scheduling.
To make an appointment at one of Dr. Semrin’s other locations, please use the Request an Appointment button below and fill out form that follows.
Dr. Gaith Semrin is a graduate of the University of Jordan, Faculty of Medicine. He completed his Pediatric Residency at the Children’s floating hospital in conjunction with Tufts Medical School and completed his Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship at Boston Children’s Hospital in conjunction with Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Semrin is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern and provides medical care at Children's Medical Center Dallas and Children's Medical Center Plano.
His interests are inflammatory bowel disease as well as general gastroenterology (reflux, vomiting, constipation, functional abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome, failure to thrive, diarrhea, poor weight gain, and eosinophilic esophagitis), hepatology, and nutrition.
Dr. Semrin was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018.
- Member, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2001)
- Medical Advisor, CCFA North Texas Chapter (2008)
- Mom-Approved Doctor 2012, DFW Child Magazine
Anatomy, Histology, and Developmental Anomalies of the Stomach and Duodenum in Feldman M, Friedman L, Brandt L, eds. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 9th ed.
Russo MA, Semrin MG. (2015), Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier; 795-810.
- Anatomy, Histology, and Developmental Anomalies of the Stomach and Duodenum in Feldman M, Friedman L, Brandt L, eds. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 9th ed.
Impaired intestinal iron absorption in Crohn's disease correlates with disease activity and markers of inflammation.
Semrin G, Fishman DS, Bousvaros A, Zholudev A, Saunders AC, Correia CE, Nemeth E, Grand RJ, Weinstein DA Inflammatory bowel diseases 2006 Dec 12 12 1101-6
Celiac disease presenting with chilblains in an adolescent girl.
St Clair NE, Kim CC, Semrin G, Woodward AL, Liang MG, Glickman JN, Leichtner AM, Binstadt BA Pediatric dermatology 2006 Sep-Oct 23 5 451-4
Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease.
Pappa HM, Semrin G, Walker TR, Grand RJ Current opinion in gastroenterology 2004 Jul 20 4 333-40
- Impaired intestinal iron absorption in Crohn's disease correlates with disease activity and markers of inflammation.
- Inflammatory bowel disease