- Fellowship - Vanderbilt University/Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (2009-2012), Research
- Residency - Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2005-2009), Pediatrics
- Graduate School - Vanderbilt University Master of Public Health (2003-2005), Preventive Medicine
- Medical School - Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (2000-2005)
Michael Bowen, M.D.
- Dedman Family Scholar in Clinical Care
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Dr. Bowen is originally from Arrington, TN. He received his undergraduate and medical training at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Following residency, he completed the VA National Quality Scholars’ Fellowship program where he received training in health services research and quality improvement. Dr. Bowen has a strong interest in primary care and chronic disease management. His research focuses on early diagnosis and treatment of type 2 diabetes. He has two young children and enjoys spending time with his family, running, cooking, and fishing.
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2011)
- American Association of Pediatrics (2005)
- American College of Physicians (2007)
- The Kaufman Prize in Medicine 2005, Vanderbilt University Medical School recognition of the qualities of humaneness, dedication and unselfish service in the study of medicine
Does the use of oxycodone affect diagnostic accuracy in children with acute abdominal pain?
Bowen ME, Poehling KA, Gunn VL, Carroll KN, Callahan ST, Arbogast PG, Cooper WO Archives of pediatrics & adolescent medicine 2005 Apr 159 4 326-8
The implementation of a translational study involving a primary care based behavioral program to improve blood pressure control: The HTN-IMPROVE study protocol (01295).
Bosworth HB, Almirall D, Weiner BJ, Maciejewski M, Kaufman MA, Powers BJ, Oddone EZ, Lee SY, Damush TM, Smith V, Olsen MK, Anderson D, Roumie CL, Rakley S, Del Monte PS, Bowen ME, Kravetz JD, Jackson GL Implementation science : IS 2010 5 54
Multidisciplinary management of type 2 diabetes in children and adolescents.
Bowen ME, Rothman RL Journal of multidisciplinary healthcare 2010 3 113-24
Increasing exposure to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in pregnancy.
Bowen ME, Ray WA, Arbogast PG, Ding H, Cooper WO American journal of obstetrics and gynecology 2008 Mar 198 3 291.e1-5
- Does the use of oxycodone affect diagnostic accuracy in children with acute abdominal pain?
- Screening and management of type 2 diabetes
- Quality improvement research and practice improvement
Showing 1 locations