- Fellowship - Montefiore University Hospital (2011-2013), Vascular Surgery
- Residency - Temple University Hospital (2006-2011), Surgery
- Medical School - Temple University School of Medicine (2001-2005)
Michael Shih, M.D.
- Surgery - Vascular Surgery
Michael Shih, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. A vascular surgery specialist, he serves as Chief of the Vascular Surgery Service at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Shih earned his medical degree at Temple University School of Medicine, where he also completed a residency in general surgery. He received advanced training in vascular surgery through a fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Surgery, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Shih’s clinical and research interests include aortic aneurysms and dissections, carotid stenosis, and peripheral artery disease.
He is a member of the American College of Surgeons, the Society for Vascular Surgery, the Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, and the Eastern Vascular Society.
- American College of Surgeons
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery
- Eastern Vascular Society
- Association of Program Directors in Vascular Surgery
Results: 1 Locations