The Vascular Surgery Clinic at UT Southwestern Medical Center offers some of the most advanced interventional therapies and surgical procedures available to treat all forms of vascular disease, with surgeons who perform more than 1,000 vascular operations each year.
The clinic team includes experienced vascular surgeons, nurse practitioners, nurses, vascular technologists, medical office assistants, and clinic support staff.
Our dedication to expert and compassionate care makes a difference in our patients’ treatment.
Who We Are
Our vascular surgeons are renowned for their expertise in highly complex cases, including fenestrated aortic endografts, advanced treatments for carotid artery disease, and treatment of graft infections. Our surgeons also work closely with colleagues in other medical specialties as necessary.
By collaborating with physicians in cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, neurology, internal medicine (including diabetes, rheumatology, and hematology), and physical medicine, we provide comprehensive evaluation, coordinated treatment, and follow-up management for all forms of vascular disease.
What We Treat
Our surgeons have expertise in all vascular disorders, from the routine to the complex.
Our program includes the following areas of specialization, services, and treatments:
- Abdominal and aortic aneurysm – open and endovascular repair
- Aortic dissection
- Aortic graft infection repair
- Carotid artery disease – endarterectomy and stenting
- Complex aortic aneurysm repair
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Dialysis access
- Inferior vena cava filter placement and removal
- Mesenteric insufficiency
- Peripheral vascular disease/claudication
- Renal artery disease
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Thoracic/thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Varicose veins
Noninvasive Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory
We offer a state-of-the-art noninvasive laboratory to better serve our vascular disease patients, both in and out of the hospital. The laboratory was among the first vascular laboratories in the United States and Canada to be granted accreditation by the lntersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) in 1993.
The diagnostic facility offers these services:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) screening
- Abdominal imaging (aorta/iliac, AAA stent graft assessment, mesenteric arterial duplex, renal arterial duplex)
- Arterial imaging (lower extremity duplex, ankle brachial index, treadmill with arterial pressures, thoracic outlet syndrome pressures, and arterial waveforms)
- Carotid duplex
- Venous duplex (upper or lower extremity, IVC, and iliac)
On the day of the appointment, please arrive 20 minutes early to allow time for parking and registration. We do our best to see patients at their scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items:
- Current insurance card
- Method of payment
- Current medications
- Completed paperwork, if you received forms before the visit
To facilitate ongoing communication, we recommend patients sign up with MyChart, which allows patients to communicate directly with doctors, request prescription refills, update contact information, view test results, and request clinic appointments. Sign in or sign up for MyChart.
For a seamless patient experience, the building has a patient service center that can draw blood for all lab orders that might be ordered at the appointment.
Canceling an Appointment
If it’s necessary to cancel an appointment, please call the clinic 48 hours in advance so we can accommodate others.