- Fellowship - UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine/UCLA Medical Center (2006-2007), Geriatric Medicine
- Residency - LaTrobe Area Hospital (1999-2002), Family Medicine
- Internship - Howard University Hospital (1998-1999), Transitional Year
- Medical School - The AGA Khan University (1991-1996)
Namirah Jamshed, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Geriatric Medicine
- Family Medicine
Namirah Jamshed, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Departments of Internal Medicine and Family and Community Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. A specialist in geriatric medicine and dementia, she serves as Medical Director of the UTSW Care of the Vulnerable Elderly (COVE) Home-Based Primary Care Program.
Dr. Jamshed earned her medical degree at the Aga Khan University Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan. She completed a residency in family medicine at the LaTrobe Area Hospital in Pennsylvania and received advanced training in geriatrics through a fellowship at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015.
Dr. Jamshed’s academic interests include population health, health policy, and teaching. She is a member of the American Academy of Home Care Medicine, the American Geriatrics Society, and the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- American Academy of Home Care Medicine
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Geriatrics Society
- Geriatrics Academic Career Award 2007-2010, Health Resources and Services Administration
- Clinical Educator of the Year 2014, American Academy of Home Care Medicine
Effects of home-based primary care on Medicare costs in high-risk elders.
De Jonge KE, Jamshed N, Gilden D, Kubisiak J, Bruce SR, Taler G Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2014 Oct 62 10 1825-31
Diagnostic approach to chronic constipation in adults.
Jamshed N, Lee ZE, Olden KW American family physician 2011 Aug 84 3 299-306
Linezolid: its role in the treatment of gram-positive, drug-resistant bacterial infections.
Ament PW, Jamshed N, Horne JP American family physician 2002 Feb 65 4 663-70
Emergency management of palpitations in the elderly: epidemiology, diagnostic approaches, and therapeutic options.
Jamshed N, Dubin J, Eldadah Z Clinics in geriatric medicine 2013 Feb 29 1 205-30
Hyponatremia: incidence, risk factors, and consequences in the elderly in a home-based primary care program.
Ganguli A, Mascarenhas RC, Jamshed N, Tefera E, Veis JH Clinical nephrology 2015 Aug 84 8 75-85
Pneumonia in the long-term resident.
Jamshed N, Woods C, Desai S, Dhanani S, Taler G Clinics in geriatric medicine 2011 May 27 2 117-33
- Effects of home-based primary care on Medicare costs in high-risk elders.
- Health Policy
- Population Health
- Family Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- General Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
Articles by Dr. Jamshed
Leaders in Clinical Excellence video: Care of the Vulnerable Elderly (COVE) Program
Showing 1 locations