- Residency - Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (1983-1986), Pediatrics
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (1992-1995), Pediatric Neurology
- Fellowship - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1995-1996), Neurology
- Fellowship - Wake Forest University School of Medicine (2004-2004), Pediatric Neurology
- Fellowship - Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Jacobi Medical Center (1994-1994), Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Fellowship - Wake Forest University School of Medicine (1993-1993), Epilepsy
- Medical School - Texas Tech University School of Medicine (1979-1983)
- Other Post Graduate Training - Walden University (2013-2014), Research Psychology
Patricia Evans, M.D., Ph.D.
- Pediatric Neurology
- General Neurology
Dr. Patricia Evans serves as the Director of the Neurodevelopmental Disabilities program at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, which includes an ACGME-accredited, 4 year core residency in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities. Dr. Evans received her MD from Texas Tech University School of Medicine, and completed her pediatric training at Texas Tech University Health Science Center; her Adult and Pediatric Neurology training at UT Southwestern School of Medicine; and her fellowship in Cognitive Development through the NIH at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Dr. Evans received her Ph.D. in research psychology through Walden University. She completed the Palatucci Fellowship in Advocacy (AAN); and was formerly the chair of the Ethics Section for the AAN. She carries board certification in Pediatrics (ABP), Neurology with Special Qualification in Pediatric Neurology (AAN), and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (AAN). She is a fellow of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Academy of Pediatrics; she is a member of the Child Neurology Society (CNS). Special research interests include Fragile X Syndrome; Autism Spectrum Disorder across the lifespan; and neuroethics in the pediatric setting, particularly in the context of end-of-life decision making. Dr. Evans has authored a textbook on Autism Spectrum Disorder; as well as several book chapters on autism as well as ethics.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (1986)
- Child Neurology Society (1992)
- American Academy of Neurology (1992)
- Fragile X National Foundation (2012)
- Outstanding Neurologist of Dallas, D Magazine (2002, 2012)
- America's Top Pediatricians 2004-2006, Consumers Research Council of America
- Donald Palatucci Fellowship for Patient Advocacy 2005
- Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology 2007
- Neurology-on-the-Hill Spokesperson for the 2008 Leadership Development Program 2008, American Academy of Neurology
- Best Pediatric Specialists 2013-2014, D Magazine
End-of-life-Care for the Neurologically Impaired Child. in In William, McGuire, Rizzo, eds. Practical Ethics in Clinical Neurology. American Academy of Neurology.
Evans, Patricia (2012), Philadelphia, PA:, Lippincott, Wilkins and Williams,
Evans P. Informed Assent and Refusal for Children and Adolescents. in In William, McGuire, Rizzo, eds. Practical Ethics in Clinical Neurology. American Academy of Neurology,
Evans, Patricia (2012), Philadelphia, PA, Lippincott, Wilkins and Williams
Clinical Guide to Autistic Spectrum Disorders for Primary Care Practitioners.
Evans, Patricia; Morris, Mary Ann (2010), Philadelphia, PA:, Lippincott, Wilkins and Williams
Practicing Inclusivity for Children with Special Needs. in In Water, L, ed. Why, O God? A Biblical Theology of Suffering and Disability.
Evans, Patricia (2011), Wheaton, IL., Good News and Crossways Publishers
- End-of-life-Care for the Neurologically Impaired Child. in In William, McGuire, Rizzo, eds. Practical Ethics in Clinical Neurology. American Academy of Neurology.
Pitt-Hopkins Syndrome: A Review of Current Literature, Clinical Approach, and 23-Patient Case Series.
Goodspeed K, Newsom C, Morris MA, Powell C, Evans P, Golla S Journal of child neurology 2018 Jan 883073817750490
Thiamine deficiency secondary to anorexia nervosa: an uncommon cause of peripheral neuropathy and wernicke encephalopathy in adolescence.
Renthal W, Marin-Valencia I, Evans PA Pediatric neurology 2014 Jul 51 1 100-3
Efficacy of porcine secretin in children with autism and pervasive developmental disorder.
Kern JK, Van Miller S, Evans PA, Trivedi MH Journal of autism and developmental disorders 2002 Jun 32 3 153-60
Ethanol suppresses the postcastration rise in serum luteinizing hormone in male rats.
Ring DL, Evans P, Joanning S, Menendez CE Archives of andrology 1983 Jun 10 3 229-32
Xp11.22 deletions encompassing CENPVL1, CENPVL2, MAGED1 and GSPT2 as a cause of syndromic X-linked intellectual disability.
Grau C, Starkovich M, Azamian MS, Xia F, Cheung SW, Evans P, Henderson A, Lalani SR, Scott DA PloS one 2017 12 4 e0175962
Efficacy of Low-Dose Buspirone for Restricted and Repetitive Behavior in Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Randomized Trial.
Chugani DC, Chugani HT, Wiznitzer M, Parikh S, Evans PA, Hansen RL, Nass R, Janisse JJ, Dixon-Thomas P, Behen M, Rothermel R, Parker JS, Kumar A, Muzik O, Edwards DJ, Hirtz D The Journal of pediatrics 2015 Dec
Small genomic rearrangements involving FMR1 support the importance of its gene dosage for normal neurocognitive function.
Nagamani SC, Erez A, Probst FJ, Bader P, Evans P, Baker LA, Fang P, Bertin T, Hixson P, Stankiewicz P, Nelson D, Patel A, Cheung SW Neurogenetics 2012 Nov 13 4 333-9
Phenotypic spectrum and genotype-phenotype correlations of NRXN1 exon deletions.
Schaaf CP, Boone PM, Sampath S, Williams C, Bader PI, Mueller JM, Shchelochkov OA, Brown CW, Crawford HP, Phalen JA, Tartaglia NR, Evans P, Campbell WM, Tsai AC, Parsley L, Grayson SW, Scheuerle A, Luzzi CD, Thomas SK, Eng PA, Kang SH, Patel A, Stankiewicz P, Cheung SW European journal of human genetics : EJHG 2012 Dec 20 12 1240-7
Evolution of EEG findings in children with autism spectrum disorder: A tertiary care centre's clinical experience.
Thodeson D, Dowd D, Golla S, Evans P, Huang R, Sirsi D Journal of Psychology and Psychiatry (Online-Open Access Text) 2018 2 2 1-4
Nonemergency medical care for illegal immigrants in Texas.
Evans P The virtual mentor : VM 2008 10 4 195-200
- Pitt-Hopkins Syndrome: A Review of Current Literature, Clinical Approach, and 23-Patient Case Series.
- Down's Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Fragile X
- General Neurology