- Fellowship - Sidney Kimmel Medical College (2014-2017), Hematology Oncology
- Medical School - Medical College University of Kerala (2000-2007)
- Residency - Einstein Medical Center (2011-2014), Internal Medicine
Praveen Ramakrishnan, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Hematology/Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Myeloma Treatment
Praveen Ramakrishnan, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Ramakrishnan is originally from India and received his initial medical training at the Medical College University of Kerala, India. He then completed a residency in Internal Medicine residency from the Jawaharlal Institute of Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry, India. Drawn by the opportunity for the integration of clinical medicine, hematologic malignancies, and stem cell transplantation, he completed his hematology and medical oncology fellowship at the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA. He also earned a Masters of Science in Pharmacology through the NIH K30 Training Program in Human Investigation.
Dr. Ramakrishnan’s ongoing research is on targeted and cellular therapies in hematologic malignancies. He brings to UTSW a strong background in medical oncology, malignant hematology, and medical education; he currently specializes in blood and bone marrow transplantation and his clinical practice emphasizes patient and family-centered care.
Dr. Ramakrishnan’s interests outside of medicine include reading, watching movies, travel, and quizzing.
- American Medical Association (2011), Member
- American College of Physicians (2011), Member
- American Society for Clinical Oncology (2013), Member
- American Society for Hematology (2014), Member
- Indo-American Cancer Association (2015), Member
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (2015), Member
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (2016), Member
- American Association for Cancer Research (2016), Member
- Texas Medical Association (2017), Member
- Dallas County Medical Society (2017), Member
- Dr. Chandrasekar Memorial Gold Medal - Best Outgoing Post Graduate, Internal Medicine 2010, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, India
- Certificate of Merit for First Prize 2012, ACP National Doctors Dilemma Competition (Medical Jeopardy) New Orleans, LA
- Sonia Stupniker, M.D. Award for Outstanding Achievement in Scholarly Activity 2014, Albert Einstein Medial Center Convocation, Philadelphia, PA
- Gold Medal, Best Research Dissertation 2010, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, India
- Gold Medals in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Physiology, and Biophysics 2005, Government Medical College, University of Kerala, India
- Gold Medals in Cardiology, Neurology, and Internal Medicine 2010, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, India
PARP Inhibitors in Prostate Cancer.
Ramakrishnan Geethakumari P, Schiewer MJ, Knudsen KE, Kelly WK Current treatment options in oncology 2017 Jun 18 6 37
Complement inhibition with eculizumab for thrombotic microangiopathy rescues a living-donor kidney transplant in a patient with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.
Geethakumari PR, Mille P, Gulati R, Nagalla S Transfusion and apheresis science : official journal of the World Apheresis Association : official journal of the European Society for Haemapheresis 2017 Mar
The Association between EGFR and cMET Expression and Phosphorylation and Its Prognostic Implication in Patients with Breast Cancer.
Chae YK, Gagliato Dde M, Pai SG, Carneiro B, Mohindra N, Giles FJ, Ramakrishnan-Geethakumari P, Sohn J, Liu S, Chen H, Ueno N, Hortobagyi G, Gonzalez-Angulo AM PloS one 2016 11 4 e0152585
Increasing colon cancer screening in primary care among African Americans.
Myers RE, Sifri R, Daskalakis C, DiCarlo M, Geethakumari PR, Cocroft J, Minnick C, Brisbon N, Vernon SW Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2014 Dec 106 12
Genetic analysis of OCT1 gene polymorphisms in an Indian population.
Umamaheswaran G, Praveen RG, Arunkumar AS, Das AK, Shewade DG, Adithan C Indian journal of human genetics 2011 Sep 17 3 164-8
Extramedullary B lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma (B-ALL/B-LBL): a diagnostic challenge.
Geethakumari PR, Hoffmann MS, Pemmaraju N, Hu S, Jorgensen JL, O'Brien S, Daver N Clinical lymphoma, myeloma & leukemia 2014 Aug 14 4 e115-8
- PARP Inhibitors in Prostate Cancer.
- Targeted Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Hematologic Malignancies
- Cellular Therapy
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Myeloma Treatment
- Malignant Hematology
- Lymphoma Treatment
- Leukemia Treatment
Showing 1 locations