- Internship - University of California, Irvine Medical Center (1983-1987), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Medical School - University of California, Davis School of Medicine
- Residency - University of California, Irvine Medical Center (1984-1990), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Fellowship - University of California, Irvine Medical Center (1987-1990), Genetics
Robin Rosen, M.D.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - General and Ob/Gyn
- General Obstetrics
Robin S. Rosen, M.D., is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in general obstetrics, contraception, and office gynecology.
Dr. Rosen earned her medical degree at the University of California Davis School of Medicine. She completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of California Irvine Medical Center, where she also gained advanced training through a fellowship in clinical genetics. In addition, she holds a master’s degree from the UT Houston School of Public Health and a certificate in patient-oriented research from UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Medical Genetics and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2000.
Dr. Rosen is a Founding Fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics, a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and a member of the Texas Medical Association.
At UT Southwestern, she serves on several committees, including the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Clinical Competency Committee and the Family Planning Coordinating Committee. She is also a member of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology’s Education Task Force.
Her research interests include health care delivery, outcomes in obstetrics and gynecology, contraception, best practices in ambulatory obstetrics and gynecology, and breastfeeding promotion.
She has written numerous peer-reviewed publications and delivered myriad presentations in her area of expertise.
Outside of work, Dr. Rosen enjoys travel, mah-jongg, and reading mysteries and thrillers.
Education & Training
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- American College of Medical Genetics
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Texas Medical Association
Honors & Awards
- Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1983, University of California Davis School of Medicine
- Honorable Mention, Graduate Fellowship 1974, National Science Foundation
- Ambulatory obstetrics and gynecology best practices
- Health care delivery and outcomes in obstetrics and gynecology
- Promoting breastfeeding
- General Obstetrics
- Office Gynecology