Search for opportunities to participate in a women’s health research study.
Nationally Ranked in Obstetrics & Gynecology
UT Southwestern Medical Center is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation's top hospitals for obstetrics and gynecology care.
At UT Southwestern Medical Center, we’re focused on the health and well-being of women, from childhood through menopause and beyond. We develop lasting relationships with our patients through all phases of life.
Our experienced gynecologists have years of expertise in evaluating, treating, and managing all types of conditions affecting women’s pelvic organs. Our physicians, nurses, and other providers work closely with each patient to help her achieve her best health.
Expertise in Women’s Health Care
Gynecology is the specialty of medicine for the diagnosis, treatment, and management of conditions that affect the female reproductive organs. Our gynecologists provide care for disorders and injuries affecting the vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
In addition to specialists trained in the latest minimally invasive surgery techniques, our physician team includes gynecologists with advanced training in fertility and reproductive medicine, gynecological cancer, pediatric and adolescent gynecology, and urogynecology. From well-woman exams to gynecological surgery, we provide experienced, compassionate care to serve each patient’s needs in a friendly and comfortable environment.
Women’s Health Issues We Manage
Our gynecology specialists manage care for a wide range of women’s health issues, such as:
- Advanced reproductive disorders, such as endometriosis, fibroids, and ovarian cysts
- Gynecologic cancers, such as cervical cancer and ovarian cancer
- Gynecologic conditions, such as painful periods and heavy bleeding
- Infertility and its underlying causes
- Menopause and related issues
- Pediatric and teen gynecology issues, such as early or delayed puberty and all types of menstruation problems
- Pelvic floor disorders, such as pelvic organ prolapse
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), such as chlamydia, genital herpes, HIV, HPV, pelvic inflammatory disease, and syphilis
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Urinary tract infections
Gynecology Services and Treatments We Offer
Our physicians, nurses, and other providers at UT Southwestern offer comprehensive care for women and girls at every age and every stage of life. Our services and treatments include:
- Assessment and management of pelvic infections, endometriosis, and other problems of the female urinary and reproductive tracts
- Comprehensive, specialized gynecological care for girls and teens
- Family planning and contraception, including adolescent contraception
- Fertility evaluations and treatments for women and couples to identify and treat underlying causes of difficulty achieving successful pregnancy
- Fertility preservation, such as egg and embryo freezing
- Gynecologic surgery, including hysterectomy and gynecologic minimally invasive surgery techniques, such as laparoscopy, robotic surgery, and endometrial ablation
- Management and treatment options for menstrual problems such as painful periods and heavy bleeding and premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Management and treatment options for symptoms of menopause
- Pregnancy confirmation
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment, and ongoing management for gynecological cancers
- Age-specific well-woman evaluations, which may include breast and pelvic exams, Pap smears, and other laboratory and imaging studies as needed
- Specialized care to treat and manage advanced reproductive disorders
- Treatments for urinary and pelvic floor conditions
- Women's imaging, such as breast imaging and gynecological cancer imaging
Gynecology Specialty Clinics at UT Southwestern
Lowe Foundation Center for Women’s Preventive Health Care
Focuses on preventive women’s health care and specialty gynecologic care for women with fibroids, abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, endometriosis, and post-reproductive/post-menopausal needs.
Pediatric-Adolescent Gynecology Program at Children’s Medical Center
Specializes in the medical and surgical management of gynecological conditions unique to girls ages newborn to 18.
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Clinic
Offers a full range of surgical and non-surgical treatments for urinary and pelvic floor conditions.
Fertility and Advanced Reproductive Medicine Clinic
Gynecological Oncology Clinic at Harold C. Simmons Cancer Center
Provides evaluation and treatment for women with cancer of the reproductive organs and preventive care for women at increased risk for hereditary cancer.
Gynecologic Impaired Mobility Clinic
Staffed with adequate personnel and special equipment to accommodate mobility-impaired patients. Located at Lowe Foundation Center for Women’s Preventative Health Care, we allow ample time for arrival to the clinic and transfer to and from our exam rooms.
Related Conditions and Treatments
Results: 4 Locations