- Fellowship - UT Health Science Center San Antonio Joe and Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine (2020-2021), Palliative Care
- Chief Resident - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019-2020), Family Medicine
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017-2019), Family Medicine
- Medical School - American University of the Caribbean-School of Medicine (2012-2016)
Sharika Kumar, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Sharika Kumar, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of General Internal Medicine. She specializes in palliative medicine.
Originally from McKinney, Texas, she holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from Austin College. She earned her medical degree from the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, and completed residency training in family and community medicine at UT Southwestern, where she served as Chief Resident. She then received advanced training in hospice and palliative medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Kumar is a member of the American Academy of Family Medicine, American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, and the Center to Advance Palliative Care.
Dr. Kumar's outside interests include exploring new restaurants, travelling, workout classes, and spending time with friends and family.