- Residency - University of Chicago Medical Center/Comer Children's Hospital (2009-2012), Pediatrics
- Graduate School - Northwestern University Graduate School (2013-2015), Clinical Investigation
- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2005-2009)
- Fellowship - McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University/(Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago) (2012-2015), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
Sushmita Yallapragada, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Neonatal-Perinatal
Dr. Sushmita Yallapragada is an alumnus of UT Southwestern Medical School. She completed her pediatrics residency at The University of Chicago and fellowship training in neonatology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine/Ann & Robert H Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. She has also completed a masters in clinical investigation (MSCI) at Northwestern University. She joined the faculty in neonatal-perinatal medicine at UTSW in 2016 with a special interest in preterm infants with chronic lung diseases and respiratory failure. She has published work in placental histopathology and morphometrics in association with fetal and neonatal lung development, and is interested in carrying forward similar studies at UTSW. Dr. Yallapragada will be developing a specialized program for preterm infants with chronic lung diseases at Children’s Medical Center, thus creating a formalized method to help some of the sickest patients in the Neonatal ICU.
- Society for Pediatric Research
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Elected Associate Member of Perinatal Research Society 2016
- Recipient of NIH Loan Repayment Award 2016
Early-Life Exposure to Antibiotics, Alterations in the Intestinal Microbiome, and Risk of Metabolic Disease in Children and Adults.
Yallapragada SG, Nash CB, Robinson DT Pediatric annals 2015 Nov 44 11 e265-9
The Impact of Pulmonary Hypertension in Preterm Infants with Severe Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia through 1 Year.
Lagatta JM, Hysinger EB, Zaniletti I, Wymore EM, Vyas-Read S, Yallapragada S, Nelin LD, Truog WE, Padula MA, Porta NFM, Savani RC, Potoka KP, Kawut SM, DiGeronimo R, Natarajan G, Zhang H, Grover TR, Engle WA, Murthy K The Journal of pediatrics 2018 Aug
Successful medical management of a neonate with spontaneous splenic rupture and severe hemophilia A.
Badawy SM, Rossoff J, Yallapragada S, Liem RI, Sharathkumar AA Hematology/oncology and stem cell therapy 2016 Apr
Placental Villous Vascularity Is Decreased in Premature Infants with Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia-Associated Pulmonary Hypertension.
Yallapragada SG, Mestan KK, Palac H, Porta N, Gotteiner N, Hamvas A, Grobman W, Ernst LM Pediatric and developmental pathology : the official journal of the Society for Pediatric Pathology and the Paediatric Pathology Society 2016 Mar-Apr 19 2 101-7
- Early-Life Exposure to Antibiotics, Alterations in the Intestinal Microbiome, and Risk of Metabolic Disease in Children and Adults.
- Developing a specialized clinical research program to study preterm infants who have chronic lung disease, pulmonary hypertension and chronic respiratory failure