- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008-2011), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - Duke University Medical Center (2012-2014), Geriatric Medicine
- Chief Resident - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011-2012), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004-2008)
Thomas Dalton, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Geriatric Medicine
Dr. Dalton is originally from the Dallas area. He attended medical school at UT Southwestern, where he also completed residency training in Internal Medicine. After serving an additional year as Chief Resident in Internal Medicine, he went to Duke University to complete a fellowship in Geriatric Medicine with a concentration in Medical Education. He returned to UT Southwestern to help contribute to the institution’s mission of improving health care for older adults in North Texas.
Dr. Dalton’s clinical interests center on acute care of the older adult, perioperative care for older adults undergoing elective surgery, and building interprofessional teams to help older adults and their families navigate the health care system.
Outside of his clinical work, Dr. Dalton enjoys spending time with his family, teaching and mentoring medical students and doctors in training, reading novels and biographies, and following the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Cowboys.
Dr. Dalton was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018.
In 2018, Dr. Dalton received UT Southwestern's Rising Star Award.
- American College of Physicians (2008), Member
- American Geriatrics Society (2009), Member
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (2011), Member
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2014), Member
- Provider Patient Safety Star Award, Clements University Hospital 2017
- 1st Place, Innovation and Learner Poster Award 2014, Perioperative Optimization of Senior Health, Duke Medicine Patient Safety Conference
- Resident Award 2010, Southeast Center for Excellence in Geriatric Medicine
- Lorraine Sulkin-Schein Internal Medicine Housestaff Award in Geriatric Medicine 2011, UT Southwestern Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Perioperative care of older adults
- Medical Education
- Acute care of older adults
Articles by Dr. Dalton
Showing 1 locations