- Internship - Emory University School of Medicine (2010-2011), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014-2016), Behavioral Neurology & Dementia
- Other Post Graduate Training - The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (2002-2010)
- Residency - Emory University School of Medicine (2011-2014), Neurology
- Medical School - UT Medical Branch at Galveston (2002-2010)
Trung Nguyen, M.D., Ph.D.
- Memory Disorders
Trung Phuoc Nguyen, M.D., Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in memory disorders, particularly in evaluating patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory or cognitive disorders caused by neurodegenerative conditions.
Dr. Nguyen earned his medical degree and doctorate in neuroscience at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. He completed a residency in neurology at Emory University and received advanced training in behavioral neurology and dementia through a fellowship at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Dr. Nguyen joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014.
Named a Texas Monthly Super Doctor Rising Star in 2019 and 2020, Dr. Nguyen is a member of the American Academy of Neurology.
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors, Rising Star 2020
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors, Rising Star 2019
Persistent hijacking of brain proteasomes in HIV-associated dementia.
Nguyen TP, Soukup VM, Gelman BB The American journal of pathology 2010 Feb 176 2 893-902
Synaptic proteins linked to HIV-1 infection and immunoproteasome induction: proteomic analysis of human synaptosomes.
Gelman BB, Nguyen TP Journal of neuroimmune pharmacology : the official journal of the Society on NeuroImmune Pharmacology 2010 Mar 5 1 92-102
CSF complement 3 and factor H are staging biomarkers in Alzheimer's disease.
Hu WT, Watts KD, Tailor P, Nguyen TP, Howell JC, Lee RC, Seyfried NT, Gearing M, Hales CM, Levey AI, Lah JJ, Lee EK Acta neuropathologica communications 2016 4 1 14
Traumatic Brain Injury and Age of Onset of Dementia with Lewy Bodies.
Nguyen TP, Schaffert J, LoBue C, Womack KB, Hart J, Cullum CM Journal of Alzheimer's disease : JAD 2018 Oct
Risk factors for earlier dementia onset in autopsy-confirmed Alzheimer's disease, mixed Alzheimer's with Lewy bodies, and pure Lewy body disease.
Schaffert J, LoBue C, White CL, Wilmoth K, Didehbani N, Lacritz L, Nguyen T, Peters ME, Fields L, Li C, Cullum CM, Alzheimer's & dementia : the journal of the Alzheimer's Association 2020 Feb
- Persistent hijacking of brain proteasomes in HIV-associated dementia.
- Memory Disorders