- Medical School - N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, India (1995-2001)
- Residency - Sheth Vadilal Sarabhai Municipal Hospital (2001-2004), Pediatrics
- Residency - University of Illinois at Chicago (2006-2008), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008-2011), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Graduate School - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012-2015)
Vishal Kapadia, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Neonatal-Perinatal
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) (2005)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) (2006)
- AAP - Section of Perinatal Pediatrics, District VII (2009)
- Dallas County Medical Society/Texas Medical Association (2011)
- Best Quality Improvement Project 2017, EBM Research Fair at Childrens Health
- Young Investigator Coaching Program Recipient 2014, Society of Pediatric Research
- NIH Pilot Grant Award 2009, Clinical & Translational Science Award
- Young Investigator's Travel Award 2010, Pediatric Academic Society
- Pilot Award 2010, North and Central Texas Clinical and Translational Science Initiative
- Travel Award 2011, 23rd Annual NICHD Maternal-Fetal-Reproductive Medicine Meeting
The NLRP3 inflammasome is critically involved in the development of bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
Liao J, Kapadia VS, Brown LS, Cheong N, Longoria C, Mija D, Ramgopal M, Mirpuri J, McCurnin DC, Savani RC Nature communications 2015 6 8977
Drugs during delivery room resuscitation - What, when and why?
Kapadia VS, Wyckoff MH Seminars in fetal & neonatal medicine 2013 Aug
Outcomes of oxygen saturation targeting during delivery room stabilisation of preterm infants.
Oei JL, Finer NN, Saugstad OD, Wright IM, Rabi Y, Tarnow-Mordi W, Rich W, Kapadia V, Rook D, Smyth JP, Lui K, Vento M, Archives of disease in childhood. Fetal and neonatal edition 2018 Sep 103 5 F446-F454
The Goldilocks principle. Oxygen in the delivery room: When is it too little, too much, and just right?
Kapadia V, Rabi Y, Oei JL, Seminars in fetal & neonatal medicine 2018 10 23 5 347-354
Impact of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program-Recommended Low Oxygen Strategy on Outcomes of Infants Born Preterm.
Kapadia VS, Lal CV, Kakkilaya V, Heyne R, Savani RC, Wyckoff MH The Journal of pediatrics 2017 Dec 191 35-41
Resuscitation of Preterm Neonates With Limited Versus High Oxygen Strategy.
Kapadia VS, Chalak LF, Sparks JE, Allen JR, Savani RC, Wyckoff MH Pediatrics 2013 Nov
Perinatal Asphyxia with Hyperoxemia within the First Hour of Life Is Associated with Moderate to Severe Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy.
Kapadia VS, Chalak LF, Dupont TL, Rollins NK, Brion LP, Wyckoff MH The Journal of pediatrics 2013 Jun
Initial oxygen concentration for term neonatal resuscitation
Isayama T, Dawson JA, Roehr CC, Rabi Y, Weiner GM, Aziz K, Kapadia VS, de Almeida MF, Trevisanuto D, Mildenhall L, Liley HG, Hosono S, Kim HS, Szyld E, Perlman JM, Velaphi S, Guinsburg R, Welsford M, Nishiyama C, Wyllie JP, Wyckoff MH International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation 2018 Nov
Epinephrine Use during Newborn Resuscitation.
Kapadia VS, Wyckoff MH Frontiers in pediatrics 2017 5 97
Chest compressions for bradycardia or asystole in neonates.
Kapadia V, Wyckoff MH Clinics in perinatology 2012 Dec 39 4 833-42
Mortality among infants with evolving bronchopulmonary dysplasia increases with major surgery and with pulmonary hypertension.
DeVries LB, Heyne RJ, Ramaciotti C, Brown LS, Jaleel MA, Kapadia VS, Burchfield PJ, Brion LP Journal of perinatology : official journal of the California Perinatal Association 2017 Jun
Part 13: Neonatal Resuscitation: 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
Wyckoff MH, Aziz K, Escobedo MB, Kapadia VS, Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Simon WM, Weiner GM, Zaichkin JG Circulation 2015 Nov 132 18 Suppl 2 S543-60
Perinatal management: What has been learned through the network?
Chawla S, Foglia EE, Kapadia V, Wyckoff MH Seminars in perinatology 2016 Aug
Systematic review and meta-analysis of optimal initial fraction of oxygen levels in the delivery room at =32 weeks.
Saugstad OD, Aune D, Aguar M, Kapadia V, Finer N, Vento M Acta paediatrica (Oslo, Norway : 1992) 2014 Jul 103 7 744-51
Part 7: Neonatal Resuscitation: 2015 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science With Treatment Recommendations.
Perlman JM, Wyllie J, Kattwinkel J, Wyckoff MH, Aziz K, Guinsburg R, Kim HS, Liley HG, Mildenhall L, Simon WM, Szyld E, Tamura M, Velaphi S Circulation 2015 Oct 132 16 Suppl 1 S204-41
Oxygen Therapy in the Delivery Room: What Is the Right Dose?
Kapadia V, Wyckoff MH Clinics in perinatology 2018 Jun 45 2 293-306
Higher or lower oxygen for delivery room resuscitation of preterm infants below 28 completed weeks gestation: a meta-analysis.
Oei JL, Vento M, Rabi Y, Wright I, Finer N, Rich W, Kapadia V, Aune D, Rook D, Tarnow-Mordi W, Saugstad OD Archives of disease in childhood. Fetal and neonatal edition 2016 May
- The NLRP3 inflammasome is critically involved in the development of bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
- Use of oxygen during initial stabilization phase and during hospital stay in neonates