- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2006-2007)
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical School (2007-2010), Internal Medicine
Vivek Patel, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Vivek Patel, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Patel earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern, where he also completed his residency in internal medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2010.
Dr. Patel is the Medical Director of UT Southwestern Hospitalists for the Parkland Health & Hospital System. He serves on several committees, including as Chair of the Peer Review Oversight Committee, Co-Chair of the Internal Medicine-Emergency Medicine Quality Improvement Committee, and member of the Medicine Service Adverse Event Committee at Parkland.
Additionally, he is a member of the American Medical Association and the Society of Hospital Medicine.
His clinical interests include physician onboarding, peer review, and health care equity.
- American Medical Association
- Society of Hospital Medicine