- Fellowship - Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (2009-2010), Family Medicine
- Residency - Kingston Hospital (2002-2005), Family Medicine
- Medical School - Al-Ameen Medical College (1993-1999)
Zubair Syed, M.D.
- Family Medicine
Zubair A. Syed, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, where he also serves as the department’s Residency Program Director and the University Hospitals’ Chief of Service for Family Medicine. He specializes in primary care, diabetes, hypertension, and obesity.
Dr. Syed earned his medical degree at Al-Ameen Medical College in Bijapur, India. He completed a residency in family medicine through the Mid-Hudson Family Practice Residency Program in Kingston, New York, and then received advanced training in family medicine through a fellowship at the National Institute for Program Director Development.
Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, Dr. Syed joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2013. Previously, he was the interim program director for the Mid-Hudson Family Medicine Residency Program.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Syed’s professional interests include resident education, curriculum development, and faculty development.
He is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, and the Texas Academy of Family Physicians.
- American Academy of Family Physicians, member (2005)
- Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, member (2009)
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians (TAFP) (2013)
- Recognition for Outstanding Leadership 2013-2013, Depat. Of Family and Community Medicine, UTSW
- Harri Janssen, MD Memorial Award 2005, For excellence and commitment to Ob-Gyn
- Outstanding Faculty Preceptor Award 2007, Mid-Hudson Family Practice Residency Program, Kingston, NY
- Aesculapius Award 2013-2014, For teaching excellence and being a role model for residents.
Cervical Cancer Screening. UT Southwestern Family Medicine Guide. Core topics.
American Academy of Family Physicians(AAFP) Curriculum Guideline No. 290C ? Health Systems Management.
Syed,Z: Budhwar,N: Kale,N 2016
Family Medicine Resident and Faculty Research and Scholarly Activity: Identifying Ways to Meet New ACGME Requirements
Tiffany B Kindratt, MPH; Patti Pagels, MPAS, PA; Zubair Ahmed Syed, MD; Nora E. Gimpel, MD North American Primary Care Research Group (NAPCRG) 2014 Annual Meeting 2014
Poster "Broken Heart Syndrome also known as Tako-tsubo Cardiomyopathy (TCM) or Syndrome ? A post seizure complication." FMEC, Hershey, PA
Zubair Syed,MD 2010
Reinvigorating a Faculty Development Curriculum in a Community Based Family Medicine Residency Program.NIPDD Project, Kansas City,MO
Zubair Syed,MD 2010
Poster "Using EPIC EHR in facilitating post-hospital discharge continuity of care."Program Directors Workshop, Overland Park, Kansas
Zubair Syed,MD 2009
- Cervical Cancer Screening. UT Southwestern Family Medicine Guide. Core topics.