The Weight Wellness Clinic at UT Southwestern Medical Center offers patients the most advanced care available for weight management. Our goal is to provide innovative and compassionate weight management and bariatric care. Through collaboration, education, and medical therapies, we help our patients develop a skill set that empowers them to take ownership of their wellness journey.
Who We Are
Our multidisciplinary team includes a board-certified endocrinology physician, who specializes in nonsurgical weight management and bariatric care, as well as a nurse practitioner, registered dietitian, and registered nurse – all dedicated to your success in the program.
What We Provide
- Lifestyle coaching for weight management
- Medications to support weight loss as an adjunct to lifestyle modifications
- Management of nutritional deficiencies and gastrointestinal syndromes after weight loss surgery
Our facility also offers a full range of state-of-the-art resources that allow us to deliver accurate diagnostic services and successful treatments, including:
- Body composition analysis
- Estimation of metabolic rate
- Lab testing to assess metabolic health and nutritional deficiencies
We ask that you arrive 30 minutes early for your appointment(s) to allow time for parking, registration and the rooming process. Please allow 90 minutes for new patient appointments and 30 minutes for follow up visits.
Please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Completed paperwork, if received prior to the appointment
- Current insurance card
- Method of payment
- Current medications or a complete list of medicines with doses, including all over-the-counter medications, herbs, and vitamins
- Glucometer, Continuous Glucose Monitor, or Blood Glucose Log (if applicable)
What to expect during your appointment:
- Analysis of your body composition with a bioelectrical impedance scale
- Measurement of your waist circumference
- Assessment of vital signs
- Nutritional education and counseling provided by a registered dietitian
- Assessment by a physician specializing in obesity medicine and bariatric care
Canceling an Appointment
If it's necessary to cancel your appointment, please notify the clinic at least 72 hours in advance. Another patient will be grateful for your time. Please be aware that if you arrive late for your visit, your appointment may be rescheduled.