Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for registration, insurance verification, and other paperwork. This also allows plenty of time for parking and traffic around the Medical Center. Please bring a list of your medications or your medicine bottles with you. If you have recently visited a doctor, urgent care clinic, emergency room, or hospital outside of the UT Southwestern system, please bring a copy of the treatment plan and test results you received upon discharge.
We are a primary care practice whose physicians are dual-board certified in internal medicine and pediatrics. We specialize in caring for individuals and families across the lifespan – from newborns to adults and all ages in between. Our mission is to provide high-quality, comprehensive, and personalized medical care, using state-of-the-art equipment and technology, to ensure the very best outcomes for you and your family.
Highlights of our care include:
Newborn and Infant Care
- Routine well-child examinations, addressing behavior and developmental concerns, acute infections, and immunizations
- Pre-natal visits to evaluate the clinic
- Routine well-child examinations, sports and camp physicals, acute infections, immunizations, and diagnosing and treating complex medical conditions
Teen and Young Adults
- Sports physicals, immunizations, sexually transmitted infections screening and prevention, and birth control counseling
Adult and Geriatric Medicine
- Preventive medicine, chronic disease management, pre-operative assessment, and consultations
- Treating conditions including high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, asthma and other lung diseases, sinus and allergy problems, thyroid disease, and obesity
In order to provide the best care, we work in teams that include our faculty doctors, residents, nurses, and medical assistants. Our faculty physicians deliver care both independently and as supervising physicians for our internal medicine-pediatrics residents. Social workers, pharmacists, and registered dietitians are also on hand to assist when needed. As a team, we work to provide preventive care and to manage your acute and chronic medical needs.
Appointments and Contacting Us
If you are sick on a day when your doctor is not available, our team of providers is available to evaluate and treat your urgent care needs with a same-day or next-day appointment. If you’re sick, please call the clinic at 214-645-1460 to schedule an appointment or speak to our nurse.
We understand that illness can occur at any hour of the day. While our preference is for you to contact us during weekday business hours when the most resources are available to help us effectively address your needs, there is always a Med-Peds physician on call from home during non-office hours to address more urgent or immediate concerns that arise.
After-Hours Call is used for:
- Simple, straightforward concerns that need immediate action – meaning those that cannot wait to be answered during weekday clinic hours
After-Hours Call is NOT used for:
- Appointment scheduling
- Requests for new or existing prescription refills
- Complex concerns, multiple concerns, or lengthy concerns
- Questions from a recent appointment that can wait until the next day
If you have a true emergency, call 911. If you have an urgent need during office hours, please call the clinic directly at 214-645-1460.
After-Hours Call is a triaged service. We will help provide you with tools to best care for you and your family at home or help determine if you should seek emergency care. Our main priority is to ensure the safety of you or your loved one.
After-Hours Call is a permanent part of your medical record.
Please remember, the most effective tool for communication is a face-to-face clinic visit.
Please call the clinic or use MyChart to make, cancel, or change an appointment. If you are trying to make a same-day urgent care appointment or are canceling an appointment scheduled for later that day, please call the clinic. Do not use MyChart for same-day scheduling or canceling
Using the MyChart Electronic Patient Portal
We strongly encourage you to sign up for and use our MyChart electronic patient portal for easy access to your health information.
MyChart is most effectively used for non-urgent matters, such as:
- Refill requests
- Appointment requests or cancellations
- Clarification of prescriptions or instructions from prior visits
- Simple questions about one medical problem or concern previously discussed with your doctor
- Reviewing your labs or imaging records and receiving results of new tests
- Vaccine questions or updates
MyChart is NEVER used for emergencies and is NOT a good tool for:
- Requests for same-day appointments
- Long concerns, multiple concerns, a string of back-to-back messages, or time-intensive messages
- New concerns or concerns that have not been addressed during an office visit within the past 30 days
- Written requests for callbacks from the clinic; if you send a MyChart message, we will respond with a MyChart message
MyChart is a permanent part of your medical record and can be viewed by most staff within the UTSW network. Please be courteous and professional.