UT Southwestern Advanced Heart Failure Clinic at UT Health Northeast Tyler
11937 US Hwy 271, 4th Floor
Tyler, Texas 75708 (Directions)
New Patient Appointment or 214-645-5505
Patients needing treatment for advanced heart failure, evaluation for a ventricular assist device (VAD), or potential heart transplantation can be referred to the UT Southwestern Advanced Heart Failure Clinic at UT Health Northeast Tyler.
Advanced heart failure patient characteristics include:
- More than one hospitalization or emergency department visit in the last year for congestive heart failure
- Systolic blood pressure < 100 mm Hg
- Labile renal function (rising creatinine and blood urea nitrogen)
- Inability to tolerate beta blockers or ACE inhibitors
- Persistent New York Heart Association Functional Classification of three or four symptoms (shortness of breath while dressing, shoring, or walking one block)
- Unintentional weight loss
- "Non-responder" to biventricular pacing
Clinic Dates and Hours
Fourth Wednesday of the month, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Physicians can call 877-391-1528 to make a referral for a patient.