UT Southwestern Medical Center’s lipid metabolism specialists are experts at diagnosing, treating, and providing ongoing management for patients who have problems with cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Some of the disorders linked with lipid metabolism that we treat at West Campus Building 3 are:
- Atypical diabetes
- Diabetes-related lipid disorders
- Familial chylomicronemia syndrome
- High triglycerides leading to pancreatitis
- Hypercholesterolemia (including familial)
- Low cholesterol
- LPL deficiency
- Lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) deficiency
- Metabolic syndrome
- MODY (maturity onset diabetes of the young)
- Monogenic diabetes
- Post-transplant dyslipidemia
- Statin intolerance
- Transplant related cholesterol and triglyceride disorders
- Type 1 hyperlipoproteinemia
- Type 5 hyperlipoproteinemia
On the day of your appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early to allow time for parking and registration. We will do our best to see you at your scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Current insurance card
- Method of payment
- Current medications
- Relevant past medical records, if available
- Completed paperwork, if you received forms before the visit
To facilitate ongoing communication, we recommend patients enroll in MyChart, which allows patients to communicate directly with doctors, request prescription refills, update contact information, view test results, and request clinic appointments. Sign in or sign up for MyChart.
For a seamless patient experience, West Campus Building 3 has a patient service center that can draw blood for all orders that might be requested at the appointment.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to cancel an appointment, please call the clinic 24 to 48 hours in advance so that we can accommodate other patients who might be waiting for an appointment.