Our secure online portal for patients makes it easy to communicate with your doctor, access test results, and more.
MyChart is UT Southwestern Medical Center’s secure, online health management tool that allows patients to make appointments and easily communicate with their physician and clinic with routine questions about health care.
It’s easy to use and navigate. And it’s available whenever needed – from home or at work – so patients won’t have to wait until their clinic or physician’s office is open.
With MyChart, patients can:
- Request or cancel appointments
- Request prescription renewals
- Review past office visits and future appointments
- Send secure messages to health care providers
- View laboratory and imaging results
- View current medications prescribed by UT Southwestern physicians
- View immunization records
- View a list of health conditions
- Access health education materials
Enroll in MyChart
To enroll in MyChart, ask a UT Southwestern provider during a visit. Our staff can help patients enroll, as well as set up authorizations to release lab results and respond to prescription renewal requests through MyChart.
MyChart is also available for both iPhone and Android. Visit your app store to download the MyChart app.
Setting up Text Alerts
MyChart can send text message reminders about:
- Upcoming appointments
- Appointment updates
- Earlier open appointments
- Billing statements
To set up text alerts:
- Log in to MyChart.
- Select Preferences from the top of the page.
- Select Notifications from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Text option.
- Choose which notifications
you’d like to receive.
What to Know
- If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, don’t use MyChart. Dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- If you need an urgent appointment or need to discuss an urgent medical issue with your physician, call your physician’s office directly.
- MyChart is not intended to replace office visits with your physician, who may request that you schedule an appointment in order to make an accurate diagnosis and determine the best treatment plan for your condition.
If you have questions or would like more information, call the MyChart HelpLine during business hours at 214-648-8888.
You can also review MyChart Frequently Asked Questions.