- Residency - University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (1994-1997), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (1998-1999), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Chief Resident - UT Health Science Center at Houston (1997-1998), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Aga Khan University Medical College, Pakistan (1987-1992)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005-2006), Endocrinology & Metabolism
Asra Kermani, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Asra Kermani, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in endocrinology.
Dr. Kermani earned her medical degree at Aga Khan University Medical College in Pakistan. She completed a residency in internal medicine, serving an additional year as Chief Resident, followed by a fellowship in endocrinology, all at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She then completed a postdoctoral fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at the Center for Human Nutrition at UT Southwestern under the tutelage of Dr. Scott Grundy, with a focus on fatty acid oxidation.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015.
Dr. Kermani previously served as a member of the endocrine faculty at the North Texas VA Medical Center from 1999 to 2006 and subsequently spent time in solo private practice.
In addition to her faculty position, she is also a Medical Director for Southwestern Health Resources, where she focuses on improving diabetes quality goals for participating patients while working with UT Southwestern specialists to help achieve overall quality goals.
Dr. Kermani is a member of the Endocrine Society, the American Diabetes Association, the American College of Physicians, and the Kidney Precision Medicine Project Community Engagement Committee for the National Institutes of Health and the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
She has delivered numerous invited lectures and published several academic articles.
D Magazine named her to its Best Doctors list for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- D Magazine Best Doctor 2019-2022