- Fellowship - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (1991-1994), Allergy & Immunology
- Residency - Good Samaritan Regional Medical Cen (1988-1991), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - University of Illinois College of Medicine (1984-1988)
David Khan, M.D.
Program Director, Allergy & Immunology Fellowship Program
- Internal Medicine - Allergy/Immunology
Dr. David A. Khan is Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. He is the Training Program Director for the Allergy & Immunology fellowship program at Southwestern. He is the Director of the Asthma Clinic at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Khan is a Past President of the Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society and is a member of the Joint Task Force on Practice Parameters for Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Khan received his medical degree from the University of Illinois.
After completing an Internal Medicine residency at the Good Samaritan Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona, he went on to fellowship training in Allergy & Immunology at the Mayo Clinic. His research interests include mood disorders in asthma, rush immunotherapy, and alternative therapies for chronic urticaria.
Dr. Khan was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018, and was named a Texas Monthly Super Doctor in 2018.
- Texas Allergy and Immunology Society
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Von Pirquet Award 1993, Allergy Fellowship Award
- Allen & Hanburys Respiratory Institute 1993, Allergy Fellowship Award
- Outstanding Teacher 2000-2001 2001, MS2 Southwestern Teaching Award
- Outstanding Teacher 2003-2004 2004, MS2 Southwestern Teaching Award
- Outstanding Teacher 2004-2005 2005, MS2 Southwestern Teaching Award
- Mood disorders in asthma
- Chronic urticaria