- Residency - Good Samaritan Regional Medical Cen (1988-1991), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - University of Illinois College of Medicine (1984-1988)
- Fellowship - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (1991-1994), Allergy & Immunology
David Khan, M.D.
Program Director, Allergy & Immunology Fellowship Program
- Internal Medicine - Allergy/Immunology
Dr. David A. Khan is Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. He is the Training Program Director for the Allergy & Immunology fellowship program at Southwestern. He is the Director of the Asthma Clinic at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Khan is a Past President of the Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society and is a member of the Joint Task Force on Practice Parameters for Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Khan received his medical degree from the University of Illinois.
After completing an Internal Medicine residency at the Good Samaritan Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona, he went on to fellowship training in Allergy & Immunology at the Mayo Clinic. His research interests include mood disorders in asthma, rush immunotherapy, and alternative therapies for chronic urticaria.
Dr. Khan was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018, and was named a Texas Monthly Super Doctor in 2018.
- Texas Allergy and Immunology Society
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Von Pirquet Award 1993, Allergy Fellowship Award
- Allen & Hanburys Respiratory Institute 1993, Allergy Fellowship Award
- Outstanding Teacher 2000-2001 2001, MS2 Southwestern Teaching Award
- Outstanding Teacher 2003-2004 2004, MS2 Southwestern Teaching Award
- Outstanding Teacher 2004-2005 2005, MS2 Southwestern Teaching Award
Clinical course of idiopathic anaphylaxis
Khan DA, Yocum MW Ann Allergy 1994 73 370-4
Anaphylaxis following isosulfan blue 1% administration
Laurie S, Khan DA, Gruchalla RS, Peters G. Ann Allergy Asthma and Immunol 2002 88 64-66
Depression and asthma: Prevalence in an inner-city asthma clinic
Nejtek VA, Brown ES, Khan DA. Ann Allergy, Asthma and Immunol 2001 87 129-33
Effective use of inhaled corticosteroids
Laurie S, Khan DA Postgrad Med 2001 109 44-56
Recalcitrant warts and lymphopenia in an eight year old girl
Van Wagoner, J, Khan DA. Ann Asthma Allergy Immunol 2001 87 373-8
The psychiatric side effects of corticosteroids
Brown ES, Khan DA, Netjek VA Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 1999 83 495-504
Allergic fungal sinusitis: An immunohistologic analysis
Khan DA, Cody DT, George TJ, Gleich GJ, Leiferman KM Allergy Clin Immunol 2000 106 1096-101
Mood changes during prednisone bursts in outpatients with asthma
Brown ES, Suppes T, Khan DA, Carmody TJ. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology 2002 22 55-61
Assessment of patients who have experienced anaphylaxis: a 3-year survey
Yocum MW, Khan DA Mayo Clin Proc 1994 69 16-23
- Clinical course of idiopathic anaphylaxis
- Mood disorders in asthma
- Chronic urticaria