- Medical School - Baghdad University (1996-2001)
- Residency - John H. Stroger Hospital, Jr of Cook County (2011-2014), Internal Medicine
- Residency - Baghdad Medical City (2002-2011), Internal Medicine
Dergham Alzubaidy, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Dr. Dergham Alzubaidy is originally from Iraq and was awarded his Medical Degree from Baghdad University, College of Medicine. He received initial medical training at the Medical City in Baghdad in anesthesiology; however, internal medicine was his primary interest. After immigrating to the U.S., He became Health and Medical Advisor to the U.S. Department of Defense as he put together upper airway management and resuscitation training courses. Later, he decided to pursue his desire to become an internist and hence he joined Internal Medicine Residency Program at John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County in Chicago, IL. Dr. Alzubaidy passion is for training, teaching, and caring for patients with complex medical issues, all of which is clearly met at UTSW Medical Center. Dr. Alzubaidy interests outside medicine are outdoors activities and overseas travel.
- Iraq Medical Association (2003), Member
- American College of Physicians (2011), Member
- Award for Excellence 2010, U.S. Army
- Clinical research and evidence based medicine
- Quality improvement projects