- Fellowship - Penn State College of Medicine/Hershey Medical Center (2012-2013), Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Residency - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2008-2012), General Surgery
- Internship - Western Pennsylvania Hospital (2007-2008), General Surgery
- Medical School - Universidad Nacional De Cordoba, Argentina (2000-2004)
- Research Fellowship - Western Pennsylvania Hospital (2005-2007), Minimally Invasive Surgery
Schedule an Appointment Now
Existing patients may also schedule an appointment using MyChart.
Javier Salgado Pogacnik, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in colon and rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and other diseases of the colon and rectum.
Dr. Salgado Pogacnik earned his medical degree at the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba in Argentina. He completed a residency in general surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and received advanced training in colon and rectal surgery through a fellowship at Penn State Hershey Medical Center. He also completed a research fellowship in minimally invasive surgery at the Western Pennsylvania Hospital.
Certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Salgado Pogacnik is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, and the International Society of University Colon and Rectal Surgeons. He serves as co-editor of World Journal of Colorectal Surgery.
He has delivered a number of national and international presentations, contributed to the book Current Therapy in Colon and Rectal Surgery, 3rd edition, and published numerous academic articles.