- Residency - Kaiser Permanente Medical Center (2005-2007), Internal Medicine
- Internship - Kaiser Permanente Medical Center (2004-2005), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Stanford University School of Medicine (1998-2004)
Mary Hernandez-Zhang, M.D.
New Patient Appointment Accepting Virtual Visits or 214-645-8300
Mary Hernandez-Zhang, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in obesity medicine, wellness, and the management of chronic conditions, particularly diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and hypertension.
Dr. Hernandez-Zhang earned her medical degree at Stanford University and completed a residency in internal medicine at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Santa Clara, California. She is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Obesity Medicine.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2023, Dr. Hernandez-Zhang worked in several Texas communities as an urgent care physician, a telemedicine physician, and a primary care physician.
She is a member of the UT Southwestern Faculty Women’s Club and an active volunteer in her community. She speaks four languages, including Spanish, French, and Swedish.
Outside of work, Dr. Hernandez-Zhang enjoys singing opera, traveling, spending time with her two daughters and chaperoning their band and choir events, learning about astrophysics, and reading and watching sci-fi.
Education & Training
Honors & Awards
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Recognition 2014-2018, Centers for Medicaid and Medicare
- Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition 2014-2018, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition, Patient’s Choice Award, and On-time Doctor Award, 2014, 2016, Vitals.com
- Excellence in Teaching Award 2006, Kaiser Permanente Hospital
- Intern of the Year 2004, Kaiser Permanente Hospital
- Obesity Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Medicine
Results: 1 Locations
Multi-Specialty Clinicat Outpatient Building 1801 Inwood Road, 7th Floor, Suite 120
Dallas, Texas 75390 214-645-7995 Directions to Multi-Specialty Clinic Parking Info for Multi-Specialty Clinic