- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018-2019), Neuroradiology
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2017-2018), Pediatric Neurological Surgery
- Residency - Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil (2001-2006), Neurological Surgery
- Medical School - Petropolis School of Medicine, Brazil (1996-2001)
- Clinical Research Fellowship - Toolo Hospital, Finland (2006-2007), Pediatric Neurosurgery
Rafael De Oliveira Sillero, M.D.
- Neurological Surgery
Rafael de Oliveira Sillero, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurological Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He focuses on the treatment of aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, and stroke in both children and adults. He has a particular interest in revascularization procedures for moyamoya angiopathy.
Dr. Sillero grew up in Rio de Janeiro in a family of neurosurgeons. Upon graduation from medical school in 2001, he moved to São Paulo, where he completed his residency in neurosurgery at São Paulo State University. He is fellowship-trained in cerebrovascular surgery, pediatric neurosurgery, and neurointerventional surgery.
He joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Sillero is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the Brazilian Society of Neurosurgery, and the World Federation of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology.
He has contributed to the book Intracranial Aneurysms and published numerous academic articles.