- Medical School - Louisiana State University School of Medicine (2002-2006)
- Residency - University of Colorado School of Medicine (2006-2009), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2010-2012), Endocrinology & Metabolism
Sasan Mirfakhraee, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Dr. Mirfakhraee grew up in Louisiana, where he initiated his medical training at the LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport. He then left the flatlands to pursue an internal medicine residency in Colorado, only to return to the south for a fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at UTSW (Dallas).
Dr. Mirfakhraee enjoys helping patients manage a broad variety of endocrine disorders, including type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus, as well as thyroid, pituitary, and bone remodeling disorders.
He was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018.
Dr. Mirfakhraee is an avid reader and likes to travel in his spare time (highlights include Central and South America).
- Endocrine Society (2011), Member
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (2012), Member
- Texas Medical Association (2018), Memeber
- D Magazine Best Doctor, (2018, 2020)
- Presidential Poster Competition Winner 2012, Endocrine Society, Houston, Texas
- Nominee, Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award 2007, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, Colorado
- Dr. and Mrs. Adrian Reed Memorial Award 2006, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Disorders of the pituitary gland
- Disorders of the thyroid gland, benign and malignant
- Management strategies for type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus, both in the inpatient and outpatient setting
- Management of decreased bone mineral density/osteoporosis