The digestive and liver disease specialists at UT Southwestern Medical Center aim to help patients feel “normal” again and reduce hospital admissions and complications. We offer a multi-disciplinary approach to diseases and work closely with the Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center and surgery, oncology, and radiology teams.
Patients who see a specialist early in the course of their disease have the best chance of successfully managing their disease and resuming an active lifestyle.
What We Treat
Our specialists treat a variety of digestive and liver diseases, including:
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Biliary tract disorders, including strictures, stones, and cancer
- Colorectal cancer screening and treatment
- Esophageal diseases
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Luminal obstruction
- Pancreatic disorders, including pancreatitis, cysts, and cancer
- Access to the latest therapies through clinical trials
- Advanced endoscopy procedures
- Patient support groups for Crohn’s and Colitis
All new patients need to have all their medical records related to their GI issue faxed to 214-645-7999. This includes any colonoscopy or endoscopic procedures, pathology reports, labs, and recent Office Visit notes from their provider.
Canceling an Appointment
If it’s necessary to cancel your appointment, please notify the Patient and Physician Referral Service at 214-645-8300 or the clinic at least 48 hours in advance so we can accommodate others waiting to schedule an appointment.
Test Preparations and Instructions
Before a test related to a digestive disease, patients may need to take some steps to prepare. View preparation instructions for tests.