UT Southwestern Medical Center’s Obstetrics and Gynecology specialists offer the full spectrum of women’s health care services in a private practice setting. The Lowe Foundation Center for Women’s Preventative Health Care serves women’s health issues beyond childbirth. We recognize that when you entrust your health to our care, you also entrust us with your quality of life. That is a humbling responsibility that keeps us focused on providing patients with individualized care and the latest treatment options – all in a welcoming environment.
The conditions treated at the Center include:
- Abnormal pap smear management
- Bladder incontinence
- Bone loss
- Excessive menstruation
- Hormone-dependent cancers
- Mood disorders
- Ovarian/pelvic masses
- Pelvic pain
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Vulvar and vaginal problems
- Other disorders affected by aging
- Well-woman examinations
- Pelvic and breast exams
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Bone-density and ultrasound testing
- Advanced minimally invasive and robotic surgery, including single-incision hysterectomy
- In-office hysteroscopy
- Vaginal natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (vNOTES), an advanced gynecological surgery option for vaginal hysterectomy
Gynecologic Impaired Mobility Clinic
UT Southwestern recognizes the significant obstacles to care encountered by persons with mobility impairment. Medical care for these patients can be hampered by delays with transportation and difficulties with transfer to examining tables. Gynecologic care can be especially challenging when considering the sensitive nature of and positioning required for these exams.
Our Gynecologic Impaired Mobility Clinic at the Lowe Foundation Center for Women’s Preventative Health Care is staffed with adequate personnel and special equipment to accommodate mobility-impaired patients. We allow ample time for arrival to the clinic and transfer to and from our exam rooms.
We provide full care at the clinic, including:
- Pap screening
- Menopause management
- Evaluation/treatment of the full spectrum of gynecologic disorders
On the day of your appointment, please arrive early to allow time for parking and registration. We do our very best to see patients at their scheduled appointment time.
Please also bring the following items to your appointment:
- Driver’s license
- Current insurance card
- Completed questionnaire and additional paperwork you received in the mail
- Medical records
- A list of current medications
Canceling an Appointment
If it’s necessary to cancel your appointment, please notify the clinic or the Patient and Physician Referral Service at 214-645-8300 at least 24 hours in advance so that we can accommodate others waiting to schedule an appointment.