UT Southwestern is a leader in both genetics research and the treatment of genetic disorders. We also perform genetic screenings based on family history and provide counseling for genetic disorders.
Among the conditions the medical genetics team at West Campus Building 3 provides diagnostic testing and treatment for are:
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Urea cycle defects
- Glycogen storage disorders
- Lysosomal storage disorders
- Fatty acid oxidation disorders
- Mitochondrial disorders
- Multiple congenital anomalies
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Noonan syndrome
- Inherited neurodegenerative diseases
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
- Basal ganglia calcification
- Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia
- Hereditary myopathies
- Inherited vascular malformations and fragility
- Marfan syndrome
- Cerebral cavernous malformations
- Inherited arrhythmias
- Inherited cardiomyopathies
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Skeletal dysplasias
- Tuberous sclerosis
On the day of your appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early to allow time for parking and registration. We will do our best to see you at your scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Current insurance card
- Method of payment
- Current medications
- Relevant past medical records, if available
- Completed paperwork, if you received forms before the visit
To facilitate ongoing communication, we recommend patients enroll in MyChart, which allows patients to communicate directly with doctors, request prescription refills, update contact information, view test results, and request clinic appointments. Sign in or sign up for MyChart.
For a seamless patient experience, West Campus Building 3 has a patient service center that can draw blood for all orders that might be requested at the appointment.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to cancel an appointment, please call the clinic 24 to 48 hours in advance so that we can accommodate other patients who might be waiting for an appointment.