Search for opportunities to participate in a clinical research study.
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s plastic surgeons offer exceptional expertise in a comprehensive range of innovative body-contouring procedures. In many instances, we evaluate the newest technology and techniques before they’re available to the general public.
Our plastic surgery team is internationally recognized for delivering outstanding clinical care, conducting groundbreaking research, and educating the next generation of plastic surgeons.
Options to Shape and Tone
Patients can count on UT Southwestern to offer options that shape and tone the muscles that support the body’s features, remove excessive amounts of adipose (fat) tissue, eliminate sagging skin, or treat conditions caused by poor tissue elasticity.
Our body-contouring procedures include:
- Arm lift: Removes excess fat and skin from the arms
- CoolSculpting: Nonsurgical body-contouring treatment that helps patients contour their abdomens, backs, and sides
- Liposuction: Eliminates excess fat and reshapes areas such as the breasts, arms, abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, legs, neck, and chin
- Male breast reduction: Eliminates excess tissue and skin to achieve a flatter, firmer chest
- Mommy makeover: Typically includes several procedures, such as a tummy tuck, a breast lift with or without implants, and liposuction
- Surgery after major weight loss: Addresses excessive skin, remaining fatty tissue, and lack of tissue elasticity after weight loss
- Thigh-lift: Removes excess fat and skin from the inner or outer thighs
- Tummy tuck: Improves the contour of the abdomen by removing fat, tightening the abdominal muscles, and eliminating excess skin
- Back-lift: Removes excess fat and skin from the mid back
- Buttocks augmentation: Injection of fat and lipo-contouring of the buttocks to better enhance this area