Peritoneal Cancer Support Services
A diagnosis of peritoneal cancer can have a significant impact on the lives of patients and their families. But they don’t have to go through it alone.
At UT Southwestern Medical Center, we offer a full range of support services available any time patients need them. Patients might be worried about their diet, physical activity, mental state, relationships, or other concerns associated with the diagnosis.
Our on-site team offers support services, such as:
- Cancer psychology: Our licensed clinical psychologists are trained
to help patients with cancer relieve the stress, sadness, and anxiety that can
be associated with cancer and its treatments.
- EMBRACE Survivorship: EMBRACE is a half-day survivorship symposium designed to assist patients and their families with physical, emotional, and practical issues that can arise during the cancer journey.
- Integrative therapies: Activities such as art therapy and expressive
writing are designed to improve well-being and quality of life during and after
- Oncology nutrition: Nutrition is an important part of cancer
treatment. Our dietitians help patients make informed food choices.
- Oncology rehabilitation: Cancer rehabilitation specialists help patients maintain
or return to functional independence.
- Oncology social work: Social workers trained to work with patients with
cancer are available to assist with any of the challenges patients face during
or after treatment.
- Spiritual support: Our chaplains provide interfaith support for patients,
their caregivers, and their families.
- Support groups and
classes: Meeting with others in
similar situations can be helpful and cathartic. Cancer support groups focus on
compassion and access to resources.
- Transitional care
coordination: Our coordinators
help patients transition between care settings, such as from a hospital to