Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
A cancer diagnosis can and often does affect more than just the body. That is why Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center has an experienced and compassionate psycho-oncology team ready to help patients and families adjust to the emotional and psychological changes that can also occur. Our licensed clinical psychologists and clinical therapists are specially trained to help patients with cancer relieve the stress, sadness, or worry associated with cancer and its treatment.
Signs of emotional stress:
- Difficulty adjusting to a new cancer diagnosis
- Emotional difficulties in coping with cancer (such as sadness or anxiety)
- Daily life stressors becoming more overwhelming since diagnosis
- Challenges managing cancer symptoms or treatment side effects
- Reduced quality of life and feeling unsure of how to improve it
- Fear of cancer recurrence or uncertainty about survivorship
Our psycho-oncology team is here to support you at any stage of cancer treatment. Services we offer include:
- Initial assessment for diagnosis and treatment of overlapping psychological and cancer-related concerns
- Brief individual psychotherapy to aid coping with cancer and develop strategies for wellness
- Behavioral interventions to address treatment adherence and side effects
- Psychological interventions for pain and symptom management
- Caregiver and family consultation, psychoeducation, and support
- Resources for long-term therapy and comprehensive care
We want to support you by reducing barriers to care. Telehealth is the use of a video and audio connection to communicate in real time and face to face with your team from the comfort of your home or wherever you are. We use secure technology to ensure your information remains private. Telehealth appointments may be an option provided to you and can be discussed at the time of scheduling.
How to Get Connected?
Talk with your medical team to request an appointment or call 214-645-4673 to get connected with a member of our psycho-oncology team.
Regional Psycho-Oncology Lead
Locations: Fort Worth and Richardson/Plano