Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
When patients are diagnosed with cancer, it’s normal to experience stress associated with the many changes a diagnosis brings to one’s life. The Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center has an experienced, compassionate psychology staff ready to help patients adjust to these changes.
Our licensed clinical psychologists are specially trained to help patients with cancer relieve the stress, sadness, or nervousness associated with cancer and its treatment. We are available for consultation with individuals, couples, and families. Patients can benefit from an appointment with us if they have cancer themselves, or if a loved one is facing cancer and family members need support.
When to Contact a Cancer Psychologist
Patients can schedule an appointment any time before, during, or after their course of treatment. They don’t have to wait to be referred by their doctor because we are part of their cancer care team.
If patients or family members answer yes to any of the questions listed below, please schedule a consultation with our cancer psychologist:
- Do you feel overwhelmed by the word “cancer"?
- Do you experience emotional difficulties and coping with cancer?
- Is cancer causing other problems with family or at your job?
- Do you need help adjusting to symptoms or treatment side effects?
- After treatment is completed, do you find yourself wondering what the meaning of cancer was in your life?
- Do you struggle with fear that the cancer will return?
For more information or an appointment with a cancer psychologist, please call us at 214-645-HOPE (4673).