Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
After a cancer diagnosis or at any point during cancer care, patients and their loved ones can benefit from speaking with others in a similar situation in a support group setting. It can be helpful and cathartic.
Support groups that meet at UT Southwestern Medical Center include:
- Life after Stem Cell Transplant Support Group
- Breast Cancer Support Group (Richardson and Dallas)
- Support for People with Oral and Head and Neck Cancers
- Bereavement Support Workshops
- Husbands and Partners Men's Group
Spotlight on the Husbands and Partners Men’s Group
The Husbands and Partners Men’s Group is a support group designed to help men navigate the journey as their wives or partners fight cancer. It’s a place to talk about issues, hopes, and fears with other men who can truthfully say, "I understand." We also celebrate accomplishments and good news.
This support group meets at the Moncrief Radiation Center in conference room NF3.102.
For support group dates, times, or other information, please call us at 214-645-HOPE (4673).