- Residency - Kurgan Municipal Children's Hospital - Russia (1989-1990), Child Neurology
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018-2019), Epilepsy
- Medical School - Perm State Medical Academy, Russia (1983-1989)
- Research Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014-2016), Neurophysiology
- Research Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2013-2014), Epilepsy/clinical Neurophysiology
Irina Podkorytova, M.D.
- Epilepsy & Seizures
Irina M. Podkorytova, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in the surgical treatment of intractable epilepsy, stereoelectroencephalography, and neuromodulation.
Dr. Podkorytova earned her medical degree at Perm State Medical University in Perm, Russia. She completed a residency in child neurology at the Kurgan Municipal Children's Hospital in Russia, followed by a research fellowship in epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology at the Cleveland Clinic Epilepsy Center. She then received additional advanced training in neurophysiology and epilepsy through separate fellowships at UT Southwestern.
She joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Podkorytova serves on the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society’s Stereo-EEG Consortium and on UT Southwestern’s Program Evaluation and Clinical Competency committees. She is a member of the Texas Neurological Society, the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society, and the American Epilepsy Society.
She has published several academic articles and contributed to the second edition of the book Operative Techniques in Epilepsy Surgery. In 2019, she earned the Victor Rivera/Leon Weisberg Research Manuscript Award.
- Texas Neurological Society
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
- American Epilepsy Society
- Victor Rivera/Leon Weisberg Research Manuscript Award 2019
- Research Poster Award 2019, UT Southwestern
- Program Director’s Travel Scholarship 2019, American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
- Third Prize Award, Poster Competition 2019, Texas Neurological Society
Depth Electrodes in Operative Techniques in Epilepsy Surgery, Second Edition. Gordon Baltuch ed.
Neely O, Podkorytova I, Lega BC (2019), Thieme
- Depth Electrodes in Operative Techniques in Epilepsy Surgery, Second Edition. Gordon Baltuch ed.
Level Four Epilepsy Center Experience With Stereo-electroencephalography (P5.5-020)
Irina Podkorytova, Ghazala Perven, Kan Ding, Mark Agostini, Ryan Hays, Sasha Alick, Marisara Dieppa, Rohit Das, Hina Dave, Jay Harvey, Rodrigo Zepeda Garcia, Bradley Lega Neurology 2019
Stereo-Encephalography Versus Subdural Electrodes for Seizure Localization.
Podkorytova I, Hoes K, Lega B, Neurosurgery clinics of North America 2016 Jan 27 1 97-109
Aicardi syndrome: epilepsy surgery as a palliative treatment option for selected patients and pathological findings.
Podkorytova I, Gupta A, Wyllie E, Moosa A, Bingaman W, Prayson R, Knight EM, Epileptic disorders : international epilepsy journal with videotape 2016 Dec 18 4 431-439
Stereo-EEG Seizure Localization in Patients with Medically Intractable Focal Epilepsy Associated with Schizencephaly (2505)
Irina Podkorytova, Bradley Lega, Ryan Hays, Mark Agostini, Sasha Alick, Rohit Das, Hina Dave, Marisara Dieppa, Kan Ding, Alexander Doyle, Jay Harvey, Rodrigo Zepeda Garcia, Ghazala Perven Neurology 2020
Combined Treatment of Bilateral Periventricular Nodular Heterotopia with Laser Ablation and Neuropace Leads Placement after Stereo-EEG Evaluation (P5.5-033)
Irina Podkorytova, Mark Agostini, Bradley Lega, Rodrigo Zepeda Garcia, Ryan Hays, Ghazala Perven Neurology 2019
Magnetoencephalography and ictal SPECT in patients with failed epilepsy surgery.
El Tahry R, Wang ZI, Thandar A, Podkorytova I, Krishnan B, Tousseyn S, Guiyun W, Burgess RC, Alexopoulos AV, Clinical neurophysiology : official journal of the International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology 2018 08 129 8 1651-1657
Patient selection and outcomes of placement of the Neuropace Responsive Neurostimulator for the treatment of intractable epilepsy: a single center experience (P5.5-029)
Mark Agostini, Sasha Alick, Rohit Das, Hina Dave, Marisara Dieppa, Kan Ding, Jay Harvey, Ryan Hays, Ghazala Perven, Bradley Lega, Irina Podkorytova, Rodrigo Zepeda Garcia, Vijay Ram, Joseph Flay Neurology 2019
- Level Four Epilepsy Center Experience With Stereo-electroencephalography (P5.5-020)
- Epilepsy & Seizures