- Fellowship - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science (2015-2018), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Residency - John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County (2012-2015), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (2008-2012)
Oksana Hamidi, D.O.
- Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Oksana Hamidi, D.O., is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in pituitary, adrenal, and neuroendocrine disorders.
After earning her medical degree at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Hamidi completed a residency in internal medicine at Rush University Medical Center and John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County in Chicago, Illinois. She then completed an endocrinology fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Dr. Hamidi is board certified in internal medicine and endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism.
Her clinical practice and research focus on a multidisciplinary approach to patients with pituitary and adrenal disorders and endocrine neoplasia syndromes. Her current research projects focus on adrenal and pituitary tumors, Cushing syndrome, and pheochromocytoma. Dr. Hamidi also conducts clinical trials on Cushing syndrome. She aims to translate her work to high-quality, practice-based patient care and education.
Dr. Hamidi has delivered numerous international and national presentations and published several academic peer-reviewed articles on pituitary and adrenal disorders.
She is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Endocrine Society, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology, and the Pituitary Society.
Outside of medicine, she enjoys spending time with her family, exercising, cooking, and hiking.
- American Osteopathic Association (2008), Member
- Endocrine Society (2013), Member
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (2015), Member
- Pituitary Society (2017), Member
- Women in Endocrinology (2018), Member
- Outstanding Abstract Award 2017, Endocrine Society's 99th Annual Meeting and Expo, Orlando, FL
- Focus on Fellows Forum Travel Award 2017, American Diabetes Association
- Trainee Grant 2016, American Thyroid Association; E. Chester Ridgway Trainee Conference, Denver, CO
- Early Career Forum Travel Award 2016, Endocrine Society
- Travel Grant 2017, International Symposium on Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma
- Presidential Poster Competition 2017, Endocrine Society
Biology of Gender Identity and Gender Incongruence in Transgender Medicine: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 1st ed.
Hamidi O, Nippoldt TB (2018)
- Biology of Gender Identity and Gender Incongruence in Transgender Medicine: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 1st ed.
Weight Changes After Thyroid Surgery for Patients with Benign Thyroid Nodules and Thyroid Cancer: Population-Based Study and Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
Singh Ospina N, Castaneda-Guarderas A, Hamidi O, Ponce OJ, Zhen W, Prokop L, Montori VM, Brito JP Thyroid : official journal of the American Thyroid Association 2018 May 28 5 639-649
Outcomes of Radiofrequency Ablation Therapy for Large Benign Thyroid Nodules: A Mayo Clinic Case Series.
Hamidi O, Callstrom MR, Lee RA, Dean D, Castro MR, Morris JC, Stan MN Mayo Clinic proceedings 2018 Mar
Malignant Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma: 272 Patients Over 55 Years.
Hamidi O, Young WF, Iñiguez-Ariza NM, Kittah NE, Gruber L, Bancos C, Tamhane S, Bancos I The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism 2017 09 102 9 3296-3305
An Interferon-Induced Digital Vasculitis-Like Syndrome: A Case Report.
Hamidi O, Reiser J, Hasler S American journal of therapeutics 2016 May-Jun 23 3 e920-5
Commentary: Postmicturition syndrome: a neglected syndrome dangerous for the bladder and the heart.
Hamidi O, Nippoldt TB Journal of the American Society of Hypertension : JASH 2018 Jul
Characterization and metabolic synthetic lethal testing in a new model of SDH-loss familial pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma.
Smestad J, Hamidi O, Wang L, Holte MN, Khazal FA, Erber L, Chen Y, Maher LJ Oncotarget 2018 Jan 9 5 6109-6127
Testosterone gel improved sexual function, but not walk distance or fatigue, in older men with low testosterone.
Hamidi O, Montori VM Annals of internal medicine 2016 05 164 10 JC56
In Reply-Radiofrequency Ablation Therapy for Large Benign Thyroid Nodules.
Hamidi O, Callstrom MR, Lee RA, Dean D, Castro MR, Morris JC, Stan MN Mayo Clinic proceedings 2018 Sep 93 9 1328-1329
Outcomes of patients with metastatic phaeochromocytoma and paraganglioma: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
Hamidi O, Young WF, Gruber L, Smestad J, Yan Q, Ponce OJ, Prokop L, Murad MH, Bancos I Clinical endocrinology 2017 Nov 87 5 440-450
Corticotropin hormone assay interference: A case series.
Donegan DM, Algeciras-Schimnich A, Hamidi O, Young WF, Nippoldt T, Bancos I, Erickson D Clinical biochemistry 2019 Jan 63 143-147
Metastatic pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma: recent advances in prognosis and management.
Hamidi O, Current opinion in endocrinology, diabetes, and obesity 2019 06 26 3 146-154
Clinical course of adrenal myelolipoma: a long-term longitudinal follow-up study.
Hamidi O, Raman R, Lazik N, Iniguez-Ariza N, McKenzie TJ, Lyden ML, Thompson GB, Dy BM, Young WF, Bancos I, Clinical endocrinology 2020 Apr
Assessment of The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology.
Sauter JL, Lehrke H, Zhang X, Al Badri OT, Rodriguez-Gutierrez R, Delivanis DA, Singh Ospina N, Donegan D, Hamidi O, Iñiguez-Ariza N, Sharma A, Kittah NEN, Tamhane SU, Hurtado Andrade MD, Kotwal A, Jenkins SM, Spears G, Rivera M, Dean DS, Henry MR, American journal of clinical pathology 2019 09 152 4 502-511
Efficacy and Safety of Ablative Therapy in the Treatment of Patients with Metastatic Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma.
Kohlenberg J, Welch B, Hamidi O, Callstrom M, Morris J, Sprung J, Bancos I, Young W Cancers 2019 Feb 11 2
Transfeminine Hormone Therapy.
Hamidi O, Davidge-Pitts CJ, Endocrinology and metabolism clinics of North America 2019 06 48 2 341-355
- Weight Changes After Thyroid Surgery for Patients with Benign Thyroid Nodules and Thyroid Cancer: Population-Based Study and Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
Results: 1 Locations