- Residency - Rochester General Hospital Program (2007-2010), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Bharti Vidyapeeth Medical College (1999-2004)
Shweta Chowdhury, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Hospital Medicine UH
Dr. Chowdhury is originally from India where she finished her medical school. She subsequently completed her Internal Medicine Residency in Rochester, NY and went on to serve as the Chief Resident for an additional year. During her chief year, Dr Chowdhury was involved in a $700,000 funded Hypertension Grant for resident education and mentored them in various projects and presentations. Furthermore, she designed a new model of Ambulatory Rotation to improve their exposure in Primary Care Training. She then worked as an academic hospitalist for many years at a large Tertiary Care Hospital, continuing her role as a teaching attending. It is her passion for Medical Education that drove her to pursue an academic career at UTSW. Dr Chowdhury brings to UTSW a strong background in Resident Education. She has a keen interest in Improving Patient Safety and minimizing medical errors by continued improvisation in quality of care, effective communication, and coordination of care.
Outside of Medicine, she enjoys live music and traveling besides spending time with her kids.
- American College of Physicians (2016), Member
- Winner, Clinical Vignette 2008, Strong Memorial Hospital Annual Citywide Poster Competition, Rochester, NY
- Honorable Mention, Exception Patient Care 2008, Democratic & Chronicle Newspaper, Rochester, NY
- Best Resident of the Year 2010, Rochester General Hospital
- Quality Improvement Projects dealing with Patient Safety and Medical Errors
Showing 2 locations