- Medical School - University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine (2001-2005)
- Residency - Baylor University Medical Center (2006-2008)
- Internship - Baylor University Medical Center (2005-2006)
Stephanie Terauchi, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Dr. Terauchi grew up in Arkansas, where she attended the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. She completed her medical training, in Internal Medicine, at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, TX, before further pursuing her second board certification in Palliative Medicine and becoming a faculty member of the palliative care program. Dr. Terauchi has worked to promote palliative care and it’s expansion into additional hospital settings, including: the emergency department, oncology, intensive care and ambulatory care units. Dr. Terauchi brings the UT Southwestern system a strong background of developing a multi-disciplinary approach of integrating palliative medicine in order to address the individual and familial needs of her patients. She and her team strive to improve the quality of life and transitions of care for the seriously ill. Outside of work, Dr. Terauchi enjoys travel, the symphony, playing the piano and time with friends and family.
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine (2008), Member
- Evaluating and developing new models of healthcare delivery for seriously ill patients and their families
- Measuring effectiveness of communication processes and protocols to establish goals of care
- Measuring and improving quality of life through aggressive symptom management and supportive care
- Early palliative care impact quality of life and survival
Showing 1 locations