Download the Patient Resource Guide (PDF), an overview of the amenities, services, and clinics at UT Southwestern.
Acute Care Clinic
at Cancer Care Outpatient Building
6202 Harry Hines Blvd., 2nd Floor
Dallas, Texas 75235 (Directions)
New Patient Appointment or 214-645-4673
The University Hospital Simmons Cancer Center Acute Care Clinic offers same-day appointments for established Simmons Cancer Center patients experiencing cancer-related symptoms or side effects that need urgent attention but are not immediately life-threatening.
As your cancer care providers, we never want you to visit an emergency department if it’s not needed.
Acute Care Treatments
We provide state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic treatment approaches tailored to your needs.
Some of the symptoms we can help you with include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Infections and wound care
- Unmanaged diarrhea
- Dizziness, changes in blood pressure
- Other urgent, non-life-threatening medical issues
Your First Appointment
Although we will make most of the arrangements for your appointment, there are a few things you can do to be prepared. Please:
- Bring your insurance information and/or a form of payment.
- Bring a list of your current prescriptions and over-the-counter (nonprescription) drugs, vitamins, or supplements, as well as a list of known drug allergies.
- Arrange for your medical records and X-rays to be sent to us, or bring them with you.
- Feel free to bring someone with you, ask questions, and take notes.
Valet and self-parking are available.
The Only NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in North Texas
Simmons Cancer Center is the first and only medical center in North Texas to earn the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Comprehensive designation.
This elite distinction, which is held by only about 50 cancer centers nationwide, recognizes innovative research and excellence in patient care. It is the gold standard for cancer programs.
UTSWMyCare is your convenient, one-stop, accessible, connected, on-the-go health resource.
We have a wide range of clinical trials open to patients with all types and stages of cancer. Search for opportunities to participate in a cancer study.