We’re one of the world’s top academic medical centers, with a unique legacy of innovation in patient care and scientific discovery.
At UT Southwestern Medical Center’s University Hospital Multidisciplinary Pain Clinic, we comprehensively treat patients with chronic pain to help improve their quality of life.
Our team includes experts in anesthesiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy, psychiatry, and psychology. Our pain physicians are board certified/eligible in pain management and trained at an ACGME-approved pain fellowship program.
We work together to provide UT Southwestern patients with integrated care. We focus on alleviating pain, improving physical functioning, and relieving the psychological distress that results from pain.
Our clinic features a full range of state-of-the-art resources to help us deliver accurate diagnostic services and successful treatments.
Patients may have opportunities to participate in ongoing clinical trials that evaluate novel analgesics or pain biomarkers.
You need to have a referral from a UT Southwestern doctor to be treated at our clinic.
Examples of some procedures offered at this clinic:
- Abdominal wall block
- Chemodenervation chronic migraine and other pain disorders
- Celiac, stellate, lumbar sympathetic, superior hypogastric block
- Epidural steroid injection (neck, upper, and lower back)
- Facet injection (neck, upper, and lower back)
- Ganglion impar block
- Intercostal nerve block
- Intra-articular injection
- Lateral femoral cutaneous nerve block
- Minimally invasive lumbar decompression (mild)
- Nerve blocks
- Peripheral nerve stimulation
- Pulsed radiofrequency
- Radiofrequency ablation (rhizotomy)
- Sacroiliac joint block and ablation
- Selective nerve root block
- Spinal cord stimulator trial/implant
- Trigeminal ganglion injection
- Trigger point injection
- Vertiflex spacer
Examples of Types of Pain We Treat
- Abdominal pain
- Extremity pain, upper and lower
- Foot, ankle pain
- Hand, wrist pain
- Head, face, and neck pain
- Joint pain (knee, hip, shoulder)
- Pain anywhere in the spine
- Pelvic, penile, rectal, and vaginal pain
- Peripheral vascular disease related pain
Examples of Conditions We Treat
On the day of the appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early to allow time for parking and registration. We will do our best to see you at your scheduled appointment time.
Please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Current insurance card
- Driver’s license or other approved government picture ID
- Method of payment – credit or debit card only
- Current medications
- Relevant past medical records, if available
- Completed paperwork, if you received forms before the visit
To facilitate ongoing communication, we recommend patients enroll in MyChart, which allows patients to communicate directly with UTSW providers, update contact information, complete visit questionnaires, and request clinic appointments. Sign in or sign up for MyChart.
Canceling an Appointment
If you need to cancel an appointment, please call the clinic or cancel via MyChart 24 to 48 hours in advance so that we can accommodate other patients who might be waiting for an appointment.