COVID-19 Response: Limits on Visitors and Entrances
We know you are aware of the fluid situation surrounding the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and we want to ensure you that UT Southwestern is taking necessary precautions for your safety and well-being, as well as that of your family and loved ones.
With the health of our patients and health care professionals in mind, we have put new measures in place to limit the number of visitors per patient, restrict the number of entry points to our medical facilities, and implement screening guidelines for all visitors. We realize the new safeguards might cause some inconvenience. We are sharing the details with you now, so you and your expected visitors can plan accordingly.
- Patients and visitors will have limited access points to William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, Zale Lipshy Pavilion, and the Outpatient Building will be restricted to the following:
- Clements University Hospital: All visitors, patients, and guests must enter through the main entrance or Emergency Department.
- Zale Lipshy Pavilion: All visitors, patients, and guests must enter through the main entrance.
- Charles Cameron Sprague Clinical Science Building: The entrance to the Sprague Building is now closed.
- Outpatient Building: The main entrance is open to all visitors, patients, and staff.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to minimize the spread of illness and further protect the health of our patients, our health care workers, and our community.
At Zale Lipshy Pavilion, patients and visitors have easy access to a range of amenities, including convenient dining options, a gift shop, and a chapel. In addition, our Guest and Patient Service ambassadors can help arrange notary services, interpreters, wheelchairs, and other services.
Zale Lipshy Pavilion has flexible visiting hours to accommodate the needs of our patients and their guests. Friends and family may stay overnight in patient rooms. Learn about our visitation guidelines.
In addition to our general visitor guidelines, we’ve created a set of guidelines for anyone visiting our Behavioral Health Unit. Please review these before visiting the unit, and help us continue to provide a caring, healing, and safe environment.
The 5151 Gift Shop is located on the first floor opposite the main bank of elevators, near the Guest and Patient Services Desk.
- Monday – Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
A meditation chapel is located on the first floor. Visitors of all faiths are welcome. To request a chaplain, call 214-633-4080.
Zale Lipshy Pavilion offers convenient dining options for inpatients, as well as outpatients and visitors.
At Your Request – Room Service Dining is based on hotel room service, allowing patients to order what they want, when they want it. It’s also available for visitors and family.
Zale Lipshy Pavilion Cafeteria
The cafeteria in Zale Lipshy Pavilion is located on the first floor.
- Monday – Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays: Closed
The Coffee Shop, on the first floor, offers light dining options.
- Monday – Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays: 7:30 to 10 a.m.; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A Guest and Patient Service Representatives can help make arrangements at one of several nearby hotels. Several nearby hotels (PDF) offer special rates and shuttle service to patients and their families through a contract with UT Southwestern.
Guest and Patient Services Representatives
Guest and Patient Services representatives are available in the Zale Lipshy Pavilion lobby to help make each patient’s hospital stay and each guest’s visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Representatives can give directions, answer questions, and arrange for services such as a personal escort, stretcher assistance, hotel reservations, taxis, and more.
Monday – Friday
5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
9 a.m. to 9 p.m.