Patients and Visitors
COVID-19 Response: Limits on Visitors and Entrances
We know you are aware of the fluid situation surrounding the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and we want to ensure you that UT Southwestern is taking necessary precautions for your safety and well-being, as well as that of your family and loved ones.
With the health of our patients and health care professionals in mind, we have put new measures in place to limit the number of visitors per patient, restrict the number of entry points to our medical facilities, and implement screening guidelines for all visitors. We realize the new safeguards might cause some inconvenience. We are sharing the details with you now, so you and your expected visitors can plan accordingly.
- Patients and visitors will have limited access points to William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, Zale Lipshy Pavilion, and the Outpatient Building will be restricted to the following:
- The number of visitors per patient will be reduced to one, beginning Wednesday, March 18.
- All visitors, patients, and guests will be screened at designated entry points, including the Emergency Department.
- All visitors must meet screening criteria. The brief screening will ask if you have experienced any respiratory symptoms – fever, shortness of breath, or a cough – or traveled outside of Texas within the last 14 days.
- Individuals cleared through the screening process will receive an orange wristband, which must be worn throughout their visit to the Hospital or Outpatient Building.
- Visitors who do not meet screening criteria will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- Anyone who does not pass the screening is encouraged to contact their primary care provider.
- Patients who are being screened for COVID-19 or who have already tested positive are not allowed any visitors.
- In order to protect the health of our children, those under age 12 will not be allowed inside Clements University Hospital or Outpatient Building. This remains UT Southwestern policy during flu season.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to minimize the spread of illness and further protect the health of our patients, our health care workers, and our community.
At Zale Lipshy Pavilion, patients and visitors have easy access to a range of amenities, including convenient dining options, a gift shop, and a chapel. In addition, our Guest and Patient Service ambassadors can help arrange notary services, interpreters, wheelchairs, and other services.
Zale Lipshy Pavilion has flexible visiting hours to accommodate the needs of our patients and their guests. Friends and family may stay overnight in patient rooms. Learn about our visitation guidelines.
In addition to our general visitor guidelines, we’ve created a set of guidelines for anyone visiting our Behavioral Health Unit. Please review these before visiting the unit, and help us continue to provide a caring, healing, and safe environment.
The 5151 Gift Shop is located on the first floor opposite the main bank of elevators, near the Guest and Patient Services Desk.
- Monday – Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
A meditation chapel is located on the first floor. Visitors of all faiths are welcome. To request a chaplain, call 214-633-4080.
Zale Lipshy Pavilion offers convenient dining options for inpatients, as well as outpatients and visitors.
At Your Request – Room Service Dining is based on hotel room service, allowing patients to order what they want, when they want it. It’s also available for visitors and family.
Zale Lipshy Pavilion Cafeteria
The cafeteria in Zale Lipshy Pavilion is located on the first floor.
- Breakfast: Seven days a week, 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch: Seven days a week, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Grab and Go: Monday – Friday, 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Dinner: Monday – Friday, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The Coffee Shop, on the first floor, offers light dining options.
- Monday – Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Simply to Go
- Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- No self-checkout
A Guest and Patient Service Representatives can help make arrangements at one of several nearby hotels. Several nearby hotels (PDF) offer special rates and shuttle service to patients and their families through a contract with UT Southwestern.
Guest and Patient Services Representatives
Guest and Patient Services representatives are available in the Zale Lipshy Pavilion lobby to help make each patient’s hospital stay and each guest’s visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Representatives can give directions, answer questions, and arrange for services such as a personal escort, stretcher assistance, hotel reservations, taxis, and more.
Monday – Friday
5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
9 a.m. to 9 p.m.