Search for opportunities to participate in a dentistry or oral health research study.
Dentistry and Oral Surgery
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s dentistry and oral surgery service has a long-standing reputation for excellence in general and specialized care. Our mission is to improve the oral, maxillofacial, dental, and craniofacial health of patients through research, service, and education.
UT Southwestern’s progressive approach to dentistry and oral surgery combines time-honored techniques with cutting-edge technologies. Our team works diligently to keep your best interests in mind, whether you are seeking to restore or improve oral function, appearance, or health.
We have experience treating the spectrum of oral conditions, including accident victims with facial injuries, patients requiring reconstructive and dental implant surgery, and patients with tumors and cysts of the jaws. Our expertise also includes orthodontics, prosthodontics, and general dental care.
Other areas of expertise include:
- Bone grafting to rebuild jaws
- Pediatric and craniofacial disorders
- Correction of bite problems
- Treatment of facial pain
- Extraction of erupted and impacted teeth (with or without general anesthesia)
- Facial implants to hold facial prostheses (nose, ear, eye)
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
UT Southwestern’s comprehensive medical resources enable patients to have an initial consultation, testing, follow-up visits, and any needed medical procedures all in one location.
Related Conditions and Treatments
- Bone Grafts and Dental Implants
- Cancer and Transplant Dental Care
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Face and Jaw Surgery
- General Dentistry and Hygiene
- Nasopharyngeal Cancer
- Neuropathic Pain
- Oral Surgery and Wisdom Teeth
- Oropharyngeal Cancer
- Orthodontics and Braces
- TMJ, Facial Pain, and Nerve Injury
- Tooth Replacement (Prosthodontics)