Search for opportunities to participate in a dentistry or oral health research study.
Dentistry and Oral Surgery
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s dentistry and oral surgery service has a long-standing reputation for excellence in all types of dental and oral care – from the straightforward and common to the complex and highly specialized.
Our mission is to improve the dental, oral, maxillofacial, and craniofacial health of patients through research, patient care, and education.
Unsurpassed Care for Every Dental and Oral Concern
UT Southwestern dentists and oral surgeons are experts in their fields and subspecialties. Our team members are extensively trained to assess and diagnose all types of dental and mouth conditions and, when needed, treat them with advanced, multidisciplinary care.
Employing a progressive approach to dentistry and oral surgery that unites time-honored techniques with innovative technologies, our specialized team works diligently to keep patients’ best interests in mind, whether they’re seeking to restore or improve oral function, appearance, or health.
UT Southwestern’s comprehensive and integrated resources allow patients to have their initial consultations, any recommended tests or procedures, and follow-up visits in one convenient location.
Areas of Expertise
Our experienced dentists and oral surgeons treat the complete spectrum of oral conditions – from missing teeth and dental decay to traumatic facial injuries that require reconstructive surgery to tumors and cysts of the jaws.
Our specialized areas of expertise include:
- General dentistry and hygiene
- Oral surgery and wisdom teeth
- Orthodontics, including braces and Invisalign
- Tooth replacement (prosthodontics)
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Dental implants and bone grafts
- TMJ, facial pain, and nerve injury
- Face and jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery)
- Cancer and transplant dental care
- Treatment of snoring/obstructive sleep apnea
Oral Surgery Services and Procedures
Our highly trained oral surgeons offer state-of-the-art services and procedures that include:
- Correction of bite problems
- Extraction of erupted and impacted teeth (with or without general anesthesia)
- Bone grafting to rebuild jaws
- Treatment of pediatric and craniofacial disorders
- Treatment of facial pain
- Facial implants to hold facial prostheses (nose, ear, eye)
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders