Search for opportunities to participate in a dermatology or skin conditions research study.
New Patient Appointment or 214-645-8300
The specialists in general dermatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center are experts in evaluation, diagnosis, and surgical and nonsurgical treatment of a variety of skin diseases. We provide compassionate care for people who have dermatologic injuries or skin conditions, relieving symptoms and helping them achieve their best possible health.
Expertise in General Dermatology
Medical dermatologists evaluate, diagnose, and treat people with diseases and injuries affecting the skin, hair, nails, and mucous membranes.
At UT Southwestern, our board-certified dermatologists diagnose and treat common and complex diseases of the skin, hair, and nails. Our General Dermatology Program has the largest multispecialty dermatology group practice in North Texas. We offer the full spectrum of diagnostic techniques, treatments, procedures, and advanced medical technologies.
Conditions We Treat
Unlike cosmetic dermatologists, our team of medical dermatologists provides medical care for skin diseases or conditions such as:
- Acne and rosacea
- Atopic dermatitis
- Autoimmune skin diseases
- Autoimmune blistering skin diseases
- Chicken pox and shingles (zoster)
- Cutaneous lupus erythematosus
- Cutaneous lymphomas
- Cutaneous manifestations of dermatomyositis (an inflammatory disorder of the muscles that often has a rash)
- Eczema, including atopic eczema or dermatitis
- Hair loss
- Hidradenitis suppurativa (a chronic inflammatory skin disease)
- High-risk pigmented skin lesions
- Leprosy (Hansen’s disease)
- Nail diseases such as infections, tumors, or warts
- Nevi (moles and other skin spots)
- Pigmentary disorders (melasma)
- Cutaneous manifestations of scleroderma
- Skin allergies such as contact dermatitis
- Skin cancers such as melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma
- Skin infections
- Skin tags, warts, and other growths
- Skin aging
General Dermatology Services and Treatments We Offer
Our dermatology physicians offer the most innovative, effective techniques to treat a variety of skin conditions. Some of our treatment options include:
- Laser-assisted hair removal
- Laser therapy
- Medical dermatology
- Photochemotherapy for actinic keratoses (premalignant skin lesions)
- Surgical dermatology
- Topical immunotherapy
What to Expect
Patients receive professional service from a broad array of experienced dermatologists. As an academic medical center, we sometimes work with dermatology residents in training – these doctors are overseen by our faculty members and offer the same high quality of care.
We’re one of the world’s top academic medical centers, with a unique legacy of innovation in patient care and scientific discovery.
Results: 3 Locations
Dermatologyat UT Southwestern Monty and Tex Moncrief Medical Center at Fort Worth 600 South Main Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 2.500
Fort Worth, Texas 76104 817-882-2460 Directions to Dermatology
Dermatologyat UT Southwestern Frisco 12500 Dallas Parkway, 3rd Floor
Frisco, Texas 75033 469-604-9000 Directions to Dermatology Parking Info for Dermatology
Dermatology Clinicat Professional Office Building 2 5939 Harry Hines Blvd., 4th Floor, Suite 100
Dallas, Texas 75390 214-645-2400 Directions to Dermatology Clinic Parking Info for Dermatology Clinic