Search for opportunities to participate in a children's health research study.
New Patient Appointment or 214-645-8300
Pediatric urologists specialize in treating children with conditions affecting the kidney, bladder, urethra, and genitalia.
At UT Southwestern Medical Center, all of our pediatric urology physicians are board certified in urology, are internationally recognized as leaders in this field of medicine, and have completed additional fellowship training in the pediatric urology specialty.
U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospital 2022-2023 list ranks our pediatric urology program No. 15 in the nation.
Comprehensive Care for Children with Urologic Conditions
UT Southwestern Pediatric Group’s Pediatric Urology Program treats children whose ages range from infancy to young adult. We provide diagnosis and treatment for both simple and complex urological conditions.
Our physicians are specialists in a variety of conditions and treatments, including hypospadias, ambiguous genitalia, urinary tract infections, urinary stones, cystic kidneys, and cancers of the kidney, adrenal glands, bladder, prostate, or testicles.
In addition to clinical services, our Pediatric Urology Program maintains two basic science laboratories for research into the causes of various congenital conditions. The research group is funded by the federal government for transitional investigations into the causes of hypospadias and undescended testicles, two of the most common congenital abnormalities that occur in boys. Other areas of investigation include bladder development and stone disease in children.
Areas of Special Expertise
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery: Our Pediatric Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery Center is the only program in the region in which every full-time provider is certified in robotic surgery. We use our da Vinci Surgical Robotic System for treatments such as robotic-assisted laparoscopic bladder reconstruction, robotic-assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty, and robotic-assisted laparoscopic ureteral reimplant.
- Prenatal evaluation of urologic conditions: We have the only multidisciplinary center in the region that offers prenatal and neonatal urologic care. We offer treatment and counseling for every congenital urologic disorder, from the common to the rare.
- Vaginal reconstruction in girls: Our Female Genital and Vaginal Reconstruction Program is the only one in North Texas. We offer expert testing, counseling, and treatment for children born with congenital anomalies of the sex organs.
Specialty Clinical Programs
- Multidisciplinary Stone Clinic: The only clinic of its kind in North Texas, we deliver personalized testing and treatment for the specific medical condition that is causing a child to make stones.
- Pelvic Floor Reconstruction Program
- Prune Belly Syndrome: We have special expertise in treating this congenital condition that causes absence of stomach muscles, undescended testes, or urinary tract malformations.
- Spina Bifida Program: Our Pediatric Spina Bifida and Neurogenic Bladder Center is the premier center in North Texas for spina bifida care, with the ability to perform spine-repairing surgery while a fetus is still in the womb. We offer transitional care as patient grow into adults.
- Voiding Improvement Program: We offer detailed evaluation and management of bedwetting and urinary incontinence, using conventional urodynamic and non-invasive urodynamic evaluation as well as biofeedback therapy.
Related Conditions and Treatments
We’re one of the world’s top academic medical centers, with a unique legacy of innovation in patient care and scientific discovery.
Results: 2 Locations
Children's Medical Center of Dallas1935 Medical District Drive
Dallas, Texas 75235 214-730-5437 Directions to Children's Medical Center of Dallas
Pediatric Urologyat UT Southwestern Pediatric Group at Plano 7609 Preston Road, 3rd Floor
Plano, Texas 75024 469-497-2501 Directions to Pediatric Urology Parking Info for Pediatric Urology